SECTION I: GENERAL OVERVIEW AND REPORTING
The Siplast District Sales Manager is responsible for the promotion and sales of Siplast products and all aspects of general administration within his/her district. This is a line position, reporting to the Regional Sales Manager and generally requires the establishment of, and operation from, an in-home office.
SECTION II: DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The primary duties of the District Sales Manager consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Product sales, accomplished primarily through specification selling to major owners, architects, roofing consultants, and roofing contractors; includes identification of prospective jobs and decision-making individual, timely contact, and effective follow-up. Also includes proper use of sales and promotional tools provided by the Company and development of additional tools, such as local job photos, testimonials, references, etc.
- Develop and maintain a Quality Select Roofing Contractor and Lightweight Contractor Program, based on knowledge of contractor business, general market knowledge, and active involvement in local trade organizations and activities. This includes the management of the contractor base including regular business review meetings, training of contractor crews and monitoring of Siplast applications.
- Technical services, including development and/or review of roofing specifications for prospective jobs, participation in pre-job meetings (when required), conduct periodic job/rooftop inspections (in progress, final, two year, as required), and basic troubleshooting Work closely with local field technical representative in prioritizing and managing technical needs of his/her district.
- Budget management, including sales and related business expenses, to ensure that all district expenses are within defined limits, and policies followed
- Develop and monitor sales budget and forecast for his/her district.
- General administration, including timely completion of all administrative reports required (expense reports, prospect lists, job quotes, shipping forecasts, call reports, activity reports, guarantee forms, factory warehouse inventory reports per established guidelines and time frames).
- Pricing administration, including maximizing price on each job, proper and timely documentation for pricing, and responsible determination for required pricing deviations, based upon job size, competitive threat, specification rigidity, etc.
- Credit administration, including assisting the Credit Manager, as required, in maintaining all accounts in a "current" or "acceptable" status.
- Personnel management, including working with the Regional Manager to determine the proper staffing of the District, selection, training, motivation, and evaluation of all District personnel, including company personnel (Sales Account Reps, Field Sales Reps, Territory Managers) or Independent Sales Representatives. For internal direct reports, this requires training, coaching and counseling, frequent informal feedback, annual performance evaluations, and working with the Human Resources Manager when corrective action is required.
- Distribution management, including determining need for and selection of adequate sources of material supply in all markets serviced, assisting (when required), with inventory determination and management, and training and motivation of distributor personnel.
- Field Safety
- Participate in Siplast safety training & complete quizzes by deadlines
- Adhere to Job Site Safety Practices & Mfg. Plant Safety Practices
- Wear appropriate PPE for jobsite & manufacturing facilities (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, reflective vest, work boots, gloves, appropriate clothing, etc.)
- Exercise rooftop & ladder safety precautions
- Adhere to company policies concerning driver safety and cell phone usage (i.e. use of hands-free devices, no texting while driving, etc.)
- Exercise safe driving practices
- Follow jobsite safety standards as prescribed by contractor or building owner
- Report a job-related injury to HR immediately
SECTION III: NECESSARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Professional image – appearance and demeanor
- Comprehensive Siplast product knowledge and/or 5+ years applicable roofing product knowledge
- Self-disciplined and motivated (initiative)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to establish business relationships
- Confidence, aggressiveness, tenacity and resiliency
- Effective time management skills
- Solid communication skills – both verbal & written
- Sales ability and persuasiveness
- Face to face sales call experience
- Independence/ability to work on own
- Must have (and maintain) a valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record
- Ability to travel as necessary (depending on sales area, could average 3 – 4 overnights/month or more)
- Ability to have and maintain a credit card for business-related expenses
SECTION IV: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to drive car and travel (as necessary), without assistance (may be extensive, due to geographic territory and/or the first year of training)
- Ability to climb ladders, work with heights and demonstrate roof applications
- Must have the ability to work in outdoor conditions (including high/low temperatures, wind, dust, humidity, etc.)
- Visual acuity to perform inspections, read computer screens, documents, etc.
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry, filing, and site inspections
- Ability to hear and speak on the phone
- Ability to bend, pull, and reach to perform filing functions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs (booth, sample boxes, products, etc.)
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Distribution Management Systems