To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Worth, TX 76101
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
D.R. HORTON, INC. • Fort Worth, TX
Posted 14 days ago
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Escrow Assistant for their Financial Services Escrow Branch. The right candidate will be responsible for the timely preparation of all escrow files and ordering all information necessary for the closing of escrow transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to perform all tasks of the Escrow Receptionist
- Prepare and send opening letters and “thank you” acknowledgements to all parties
- Order title commitments and distribute to all parties
- Order and update payoff/assumption statements as requested
- Prepare receipts for all funds received from Customers and/or lenders
- Order wire transfers and provide wiring instruction
- Clear title requirements
- Prepare loan packages for return to lender
- Prepare simple cash and seller carryback pre-audits
- Assist branch manager with administrative tasks as requested
- Open refinance orders
- Receive builder report, order survey, contact the lender, obtain hazard insurance, enter basic order information on automated system, obtain HOA information, schedule and coordinate times for closings
- Prepare copies for disbursement and closing transmittals
- Assist Closer/Escrow Officer with final policy disbursement, as directed
- Monitor termite inspection requests and other required inspection information
- On a limited basis, answer Customers’ questions and/or telephone calls concerning the administrative process of the parties’ transactions; and answer real estate agents’ questions and/or telephone calls concerning the status of their pending files
- Cancel files according to office procedure
- In addition to the above duties, the escrow assistant may have post closing job responsibilities:
- Assist with pre-closing files: Assure that all information is accurate and matches the original Purchase Contract, e.g. zip codes, property address, spelling of names, marital status of buyers, reading Surveys for encroachments, if any, etc.
- Prepare and ship closing packages: Assure that each package is complete and properly signed by all parties.
- Prepare documents for recording in different Counties: Assure that documents sent for recording fulfill not only the Recording Regulations, but also the Lenders'.
- Prepare both Loan and Owners' Policies and mail them out
- Prepare endorsements to Policy, when applicable.
- Responsible for whereabouts of closing files
- Assist Branch Manager with administrative tasks.
- Keep checkbook for Fee account and maintain control of the mailing stamps machine.
- Customer Service - Take calls from lenders, buyers, attorneys, realtors, insurance companies and others are handled on a daily basis.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.