The Aerospace Sales Engineer (SE) is responsible for promoting and selling Trelleborg products and services utilizing sales excellence concepts within an assigned geographic area, market industry, product range or list of customer accounts in order to achieve sales and profit targets. The SE is responsible for generating profitable territory sales growth by leveraging Trelleborg capabilities and resources in order to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations with the goal of ultimately becoming a customer business consultant. The SE is responsible for building relationships across all levels within existing customers and prospective target accounts to generate new business opportunities.
The primary function of the Aerospace Sales Engineer (SE) position is to promote and sell Trelleborg products and services within an assigned geographic area, market industry, product range or list of customer accounts in order to achieve sales and profit targets.
- Sales Growth: Achieve Sales Target. Strive for 10%+ year over year growth.
- Profitability: Achieve Profit Target. Strive for 10%+ year over year growth.
- Project Focus: Generate and convert projects for key target customers. Manage project cycle and velocity.
- Achieve 7+ projects (4+EAR) per month. Track, monitor and work to improve project win rate. Utilize CRM for all project information.
- Complete 20+ sales visits per month with mix of new & existing accounts.
- Conduct joint sales visits utilizing Trelleborg resources.
- Pursue sales leads, visit existing and new strategic customers with the focus being Total Customer Satisfaction and Generation of Projects for Sales Growth.
- Build customer relationships and strategic partnerships, assess customer needs and recommend appropriate products and services; respond to complex customer inquiries; negotiate prices and delivery times, and win sales orders to meet sales targets. Utilize Trelleborg resources where appropriate and needed.
- Identify, research, and contact prospective target growth customers that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Provide market feedback and intelligence for use by local MC, Marketing Department, Segment/Product/Lead Group personnel
- Promote standard products, and custom engineered products where needed. Be a total solution provider.
- Establish the market sell price and profit margin in collaboration with the Marketing Department utilizing market research, tools and methods along with the support of the SM and GM.
- Ensure timely flow of quotations in order to maximize our competitive edge and win order
- Complete month end report and bowler and submit the first week of each Month. Including but not limited to: top 10 customer updates, top 10 prospect updates, project won/loss information, customer needs, expectations, demands, competitor activity, and changing market conditions.
- Responsible for account and territory sales budget and estimates
- Develop short and long-term strategic sales plans for key customers, growth customers and global key accounts, utilizing Sales Excellence Tools. Meet and review with Sales Manager and/or GM on a regular basis.
- Establish annual, quarterly, monthly and/or weekly strategic sales visit, and customer action plans and prioritize and schedule own activities so sales and profit targets are met.
- Work with SM, GM and Marketing department to increase Trelleborg Brand Awareness and identify Marketing needs and opportunities for territory.
- Learn and utilize internal processes: CRM, JDE, GPS, Consense, Quality, ISO.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that customer projects, quotations and orders are processed efficiently, correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure full compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures including Quality Manual and Quality Procedures.
- Develop cross training and work instructions for customer specific tasks.
- Represent the MC in cross-functional teams: Sales Projects, Sales Excellence, etc.
- Assist the MC with quality related issues.
- Assist in Information Technology (IT) efforts, looking for areas of improvement
- Provide proactive communication, analysis and problem solving
- Provide innovative solutions and continuous improvements
- Work with the right sense of urgency: Response times, flexibility and accuracy
- Assist GM in management reviews, business reviews and business plans
- To maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times when dealing with customers.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 4 Year College degree required. (Business or Engineering preferred)
- Minimum 1 year experience in sales, or engineering related field
- Strong Technical aptitude beneficial. Must be mechanically inclined.
- Ability to read and understand technical prints preferred
- Knowledge of rubber/plastic products is beneficial
- Familiarity with ISO quality requirements is beneficial
Last application date
- Strong business sales and marketing strategies
- Excellent Customer Focus and understanding of Total Customer Satisfaction
- Technical aptitude and or engineering experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people and relationship building skills
- Customer driven with a positive, professional, can-do attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to mulit-task with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Proven proficiency and experience in the use of business operational software (CRM, Oracle JDE, SAP)
- The SE position is a local geographic position.
- Travel requirements (including overnight travel) will be approximately 40% of work time. Travel will include local, national and international requirements for customer visits, business meetings, and training.
Who to contact
External Applicants: URL blocked - click to apply
Internal Employees: URL blocked - click to apply
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: B9D33C11FBDC48B0B5C4691EC7B5B239
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.