To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Data Scientist
Clarivate • San Francisco, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
Clarivate Analytics accelerates the pace of innovation by providing trusted insights and analytics to customers around the world, enabling them to discover, protect and commercialize new ideas faster. Formerly the Intellectual Property and Science business of Thomson Reuters, we own and operate a collection of leading subscription-based services focused on scientific and academic research, patent analytics and regulatory standards, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence, trademark protection, domain brand protection and intellectual property management. Clarivate Analytics is now an independent company with over 4,500 employees, operating in more than 100 countries and owns well‐known brands that include Web of Science, Cortellis, Thomson Innovation, Derwent World Patents Index, CompuMark, MarkMonitor and Techstreet, among others. For more information, visit Clarivate.com.
- Researches and identifies Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) methods and algorithms to solve specific problems to improve user experience on Clarivate's data and websites
- Implements these methods and devises appropriate test plans to validate and compare the different approaches
- Identifies new applications of ML and NLP in the context of Clarivate's extensive sets of content and data
- Explores existing data for insights and recommends additional sources of data for improvements
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of ML, NLP and statistical methodologies
- Excellent programming skills ( Java/Scala)
- Ability to test ideas and adapt methods quickly end to end from data extraction to implementation and validation
- Experience with search engines, classification algorithms, recommendation systems and relevance evaluation methodologies
Education and Background:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Technology, or Engineering, strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Multiple years proven track record in the application of ML and NLP As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals.
To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Clarivate Analytics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace. Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.