To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Systems Engineer
Chenega Corporation • Alexandria, VA
Posted 13 days ago
Company Job Title:
Senior Systems Engineer
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Senior Systems Engineer will provide engineering expertise while coordinating with multiple program offices, and with various stakeholders to understand the environment and implement pilot and prototyping activities for the Navy Maritime Maintenance Enterprise Solution – Technical Refresh (NMMES-TR).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Government and external stakeholders to develop and deliver a plan, priority, and roadmap for the rationalization/consolidation and migration against the NMMES-TR high-level incremental release strategy
- Support the design and development of a scalable Dev/Test environment within a Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Moderate, Impact Level (IL) 4 and/or High, IL 5 commercial cloud
- Provide a design that optimizes commercial cloud environments, architectures, and approaches in accordance with the requirements of the NMMES-TR System Requirement Specification
- Develop and implement an Application Programming Interface (API) centric layer to decouple interfaces from data and/or functionality of one or more applications
- Analyze and baseline existing COTS / GOTS portfolio as defined in the SRS and SV-8
- Address cost, schedule, performance, and cybersecurity risk as part of the plan/roadmap
- Participate in weekly Integrated Project Team (IPT) meetings
- Develops plans and supports ad hoc IT initiatives
- Evaluate and recommend solutions for migrating legacy data from existing hosting environments and other applicable data sources to the new database repository.
- Perform trade off analysis of potential COTS solutions for use within the pilot program
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, and make purchase recommendations
- Review system Architecture and system design documentation
- Support the preparation of system engineering plans and system integration and test plans
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in commercial cloud environments
- Experience supporting Web services technologies
- Experience with SDLC and Agile methodologies
- SECRET security clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working experience in all phases of the SDLC
- Must be well organized, an effective communicator at multiple levels and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications
- Must be capable of quickly learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with fellow workers
- Effective communication and time management
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.