To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Omaha, NE
Posted 21 days ago
Title: Jr. Network Engineer
Location: Omaha, NE
Our client is seeking a Network Engineer to join their team. This person will be responsible for the operations of in-house network systems that support the core organizational functions. They will ensure the stability, integrity and efficiency of the network infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance to the users. They need an ambitious individual that is seeking to learn and engage with all engineers. They will be expected to lead others and take initiative with low supervision.
- Install, setup, and configure complex switching environments including Cisco Switches, Cisco Wireless Access Points, and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Configure and install network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunications systems
- Maintain an understanding of the basics behind modern networking: Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, WLAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS
- Manage and prioritize projects, troubleshoot network problems and respond to customer request for assistance
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field required
- 5+ years experience in network engineer
- CCNA Certified or working toward the certification
- CCNP highly preferred
- Knowledge of software protocols, and Internet standards, including TCP/IP, WWW, DNS, SMTP, FTP, Network, and Security Protocols, etc.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Microsoft Windows Servers, AIX, UNIX, or Linux a plus
- Call Manager experience is a preferred
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178