Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
“It is not always easy to change someone’s perspective but the most rewarding part of my job is when a family that once had that negative definition of what hospice is comes back to me and expresses how much more quality they were able to have from us being there and being a part of their family.”
-Whitney, Hospice Care Consultant
At Compassus, you are not selling a product; you are offering a gift of great value – the gift of comfort, support, peace and dignity to patients and families facing serious and life-limiting illnesses.
Our sales team informs healthcare providers and community members about the benefits of hospice, palliative and home health to ensure individuals receive care that aligns with their personal values and preferences, regardless of their condition. Successful sales colleagues consistently expand access to quality patient-focused care in their communities.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of patients and families? Join our team today as a Hospice Care Consultant to positively impact the experience of our patients and families.
The Hospice Care Consultant (HCC) is responsible for sourcing admissions through direct community contacts which educate healthcare providers and the general public about the Hospice Program. You will be assigned accounts with 50 to 60 contacts and should establish relationships with assigned referral sources targeting 10 to 12 meetings per day.
- Represent Compassus positively and professionally within the community
- Maintain a relationship with all referral sources to make sure we are meeting their needs, as well as those of the patients, families, support staff, etc.
- Provide accurate information regarding hospice services in response to inquiries by healthcare providers and the general public
- Prepare and conduct calls and presentations to potential referral sources
- Coordinate with clinical management staff in planning in-services and presentations, and in addressing issues with referral sources
- Initiate and coordinate contract negotiations with facilities, insurance companies, and managed care organizations
- Communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency in skills related to public relations, marketing, and negotiation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned territory as required
- Must be able to relate to and work with the disabled, ill, elderly and emotionally upset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business, or health-related field preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in health- care marketing preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Must have a valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.
URL blocked - click to apply
Clinic Management Systems