To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Structural Engineer
Stanley Consultants, Inc. • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 11 days ago
Stanley Consultants is a consulting engineering firm recognized in the engineering industry for our commitment to client service and our passion to make a difference. With a focus on energy, water, transportation and the environment, we bring global knowledge, a century of experience, and multi-disciplinary capabilities to serve our private and public clients.
We are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Minneapolis office. Structural Engineering within Stanley Consultants, Inc., offers diverse and challenging opportunities that set us apart from our competitors. Our structural engineers work on a wide variety of projects including design and analysis of buildings and large non-building structures; from power generation structures, co-generation facilities, central heating and chilled water plants, campus type utility distribution systems, to industrial and commercial projects.
- Prepare and check structural design calculations, computer models, and drawings
- Review fabrication shop drawings for structural materials
- Collaborate with mechanical, electrical and civil engineers and architects to develop coordinated design solutions that meet project requirements
- Design structures and foundations based on design codes and standards published by International Building Code, ASCE, ACI and AISC
- Design steel structures, including framing for buildings, pipe supports, pipe racks, bridge cranes, equipment supports and access platforms
- Design reinforced concrete, including concrete superstructures, slabs, walls and foundations for buildings and equipment (pumps, fans, chimneys, cooling towers, tanks, etc.); underground tunnel and vault systems; and retaining walls
- Produce project-specific specifications using company or client standard documents
- Instructs designers/technicians to develop designs to working construction drawings
- Contacts vendors, regulatory agencies, and sub-consultants to obtain information, guidance and requirements
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control
- Participates in project scoping, scheduling and costing for proposal preparation of Structural Discipline work
- Forms a project structural team managing the day-to-day activities seeing that responsibilities are assigned and the execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule including inter-discipline coordination and teamwork
- Opportunities to act as Project Manager on select projects
- Achieves project performance objectives including structural quality, budgets, and schedules while staying within the contractual scope of the project
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific structural projects
- Provide assistance during construction to review shop drawings, answer questions, etc.
- Travel, including visits to project sites for client meetings, field coordination and to monitor construction progress
Required skills, education and experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited 4-year college or university with a major emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in structural steel and reinforced concrete design, and finite element, seismic, dynamic and structural analysis
- Minimum of 7 years relevant structural engineering experience and a P.E. license
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited 4-year college or university with a major emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Structural Engineer license
- Extensive experience using StaadPro RISA and Mathcad programs
- Industrial and Higher Education experience
- Revit experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.
CLICK HERE: BENEFITS AND REWARDS