To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accountant I Accounts Payable
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Omaha, NE
Posted 1 month ago
Accountant I, Accounts Payable
PenFed Credit Union is hiring an Accountant I, Accounts Payable at our Omaha Service Center in Omaha, Nebraska. Under supervision, the incumbent is responsible for moderate accounting activities related to maintenance of banking related general ledger accounts and analysis of related activities resulting in managerial reports and financial statements. In addition, the incumbent assists in the implementation of automated financial systems and the development of accounting requirements for banking impact of new products and services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Reconcile general ledger activity for assigned accounts, researching discrepancies and preparing correcting journal entries to the general ledger.
- Assists in maintaining manual and automated records of all paid invoices on a daily and yearly basis determining appropriate payment schedule.
- Researches accounting records, contacts vendors and PenFed departments to assist in the resolution of questionable issues related to invoices and payments.
- Monitors payment schedules of monthly lease and rent payments.
- Assists Omaha Accounting team in responses to NCUA Examiners, external and internal Auditors during periodic examinations and audits.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly journal entries for expense accruals.
- Assists in the preparation of year-end 1099 tax forms for vendors according to IRS regulations.
- Participates in special projects as necessaryrequested.
- Assist in departmental projects as required including special studies and analyses.
- Assists in the maintenance of update periodic procedures and processes.
- Assists in preparing other assigned monthly GL reconciliations and review schedules.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field is preferred and/or a combination of education and/or work experience will be considered. Additional knowledge through accounting/banking certifications or direct banking experience in an automated scenario is preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ of experience in accounting and banking is required
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Ability to travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-341-6572.