To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Database Designer/Modeler
Octo Consulting Group • Alexandria, VA
Posted 13 days ago
Octo Consulting Group is seeking Sr. Database Designer/Modeler to join our growing team in support of a critical mission for a Federal customer.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Analyze functional and non-functional business requirements and translate into technical data requirements and create or update existing logical and physical data models.
- Create data models (conceptual and logical) and DB designs (physical), using approved Enterprise Data Modeling tool utilizing reverse and forward engineering, that depicts the business areas and systems in the technical environment to ensure the integrity of the business data is being maintained; incorporate applicable standard data elements (SDEs
- Ensure adherence to technical DB design standards in accordance with the approved enterprise Data Modeling and DB Design Standard.
- Create the data architecture sections of the system design documents for development efforts.
- Provide requirements analysis support to development teams and educate project and development teams on the proper usage of the data structures.
- Perform DB design, review DB design from development team, and generate initial Data Definition Language (DDL), as needed.
- Perform review and score development project’s data models to ensure the model conforms to Enterprise’s data modeling standards.
- Work with development project team’s data modelers to provide review results and recommendations for scored data models
- Ability to support multiple projects and working with multiple technical leads with various priorities and delivery schedules
- Analyze existing database queries and provide performance tuning recommendations on an as-needed basis
- Perform data analysis on production systems on an as-needed basis
- Responsible for supporting Enterprise’s Data Modeling Tool Suite through administration which includes user maintenance, software upgrades, documenting and researching issues; identifying tool features to enhance and standardize its’ usage by all data modelers in the organization; provide training on tool features to data modelers on an as-needed basis
- Experience with multiple RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server and Sybase)
- BS degree
- 8 - 12 years of experience
- 4+ years data modeling experience
- Data modeling, including reverse and forward engineering.
- Data Modeling Tools: Some experience with a data-modeling tool is required; Oracle.
- Ability to analyze data sources.
- SQL, PL/SQL
- Microsoft (MS) Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- TOAD for MySQL and Oracle.
- MongoDB, Cassandra, XML, JSON, SOLR
- CQL, XQuery, XPath, XML
- Monitor application related jobs and data replication activities
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures in the development environment,
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Experience with Embarcadero’s E/R Studio
- Exposure to data ware housing, data marts and unstructured data (No SQL databases)
- Alexandria, VA