To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Las Vegas, NV
- Harlan Electric Company
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Distribution Journeyman Lineman
Harlan Electric Company • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 11 days ago
Distribution Journeyman Lineman--Sign on Bonus!
Harlan Electric Company a subsidiary of MYR Group Inc., one of the oldest and largest electrical contractors in the country, is looking for qualified Journeyman Lineman for our NY projects-this will be working on a large distribution project. Projects are slated for the next 18 months and will include a sign on bonus of $2,500 as well as retention bonuses are available for qualified candidates!
- Construct and maintain all phases of electrical line construction to include: overhead and underground distribution systems
- Establishing OSHA and customer safety requirements
- Observe and practice all safety policies and bulletins
- Planning and initiating projects
- Setting of towers and poles
- Installing, maintaining an/or repairing overhead distribution lines
- Stringing new wire or maintaining old wire
- Installing and maintaining insulators
- Installing and maintaining transformers and other equipment
- Supervising Groundman and Apprentices
Distribution Journeyman Lineman Qualifications
- Must presently be qualified to be a Journeyman Lineman. Documentation of completion of a journeyman lineman program is required
- High School graduate or GED is required
- Technical School Lineman degree or equivalent is required
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home
- Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility crews is required
- Experience using a hot stick is highly desired
- Ability to work at heights up to and above 100 feet preferred
- Must be mentally competent; able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
- Must be able to lift and maneuver up to 70lbs alone and over 70lbs with assistance
- Must be able to climb wood poles up to 100 feet
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service
- Must be able to work additional hours
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Possession of a valid Commercial driver's license Class A preferred. Must meet driver qualification requirements as specified in FMCSR Parts 382 and 391
- Workers will need to clear IBEW LU 1249 if accepted
Salary is paid upon union scale, benefits provided through the union.
Apply at: myrgroup.com If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.