7:00am – 3:30pm
This is a temporary assignment through the end of December.
The General Maintenance Worker will fix and maintain machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings. This individual will paint, repair flooring, and work on plumbing, electrical, and air-conditioning and heating systems. In the event of an emergency he/she may be called to support necessary tasks in association with that emergency. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
• Perform maintenance service or repairs in one or more skill areas, including minor plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs or installations, or vehicle servicing.
o Performs tasks such as but not limited to changing light bulbs, installing paper dispenser units, changing filters, changing locks on doors, minor decorative maintenance and other tasks not requiring a licensed skilled trades person or journeyman.
• Cleans and lubricates parts.
• Identifies and corrects unsafe working conditions with management oversight.
• Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
• Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
• Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
• Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
• Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• May perform snow removal and other grounds keeping activities.
• May be required to assist with special events.
• May drive a cart or other vehicle.
• Assists skilled trade workers in one or more areas performing specific or standard duties to learn new skills as required for advancement and certification.
• May be required to utilize basic cleaning and other chemicals.
• May coordinate work activities of General Maintenance Apprentices.
• May assist in training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees.
• Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
• Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
• Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
• May orders replacement parts and equipment with management approval.
• Inspects completed repairs.
• May be required to inventory equipment, parts and supplies.
• May repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
• May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Job Qualifications:*
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
• 2 or more years of related experience.
• Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
• Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
• Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
• Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.).
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well alone and in a team.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Maturity of judgment and behavior.
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
• Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Must comply with any dress code requirements.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
• Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
• Significant walking or other means of mobility.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
• Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
• Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.