We are looking for an experienced VP of Mid Market Sales who will be responsible for leading the Mid Market Sales team and playing a key role in continuing our expansion of the sales organization into the mid market segment. This person will oversee a growing team of Account Executives and work closely with Sales Managers in order to help the team meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, autonomous and trusted leader with SaaS experience that is passionate about scaling a fast-growing sales organization through proactive coaching and development of a our sales team.
The VP of Mid Market Sales will be responsible for improving our overall Mid-Market sales strategy and processes by collaborating closely with Customer Success, Customer Support and Revenue Operations teams. This position will report to the EVP, Sales and Customer Success.
What’s the job really
- Lead the overall Mid Market Sales strategy to drive increased revenue growth in our MM sales segment. This will include strategies on territory development and what verticals to concentrate.
- Engage with the Mid Market Sales team with direct involvement, from being involved on calls with account executives to putting together an action plan to enhance activity within sales teams.
- Partner with Sales Operations to establish sales training and development that not just ramps new hires but expands sales development for Mid Market sales employees.
- Establish a methodical and consistent approach to Mid-Market sales in a variety of industries, from territory planning/alignment through consistent KPI development.
- Work together with other leaders across the company (e.g. Marketing, Finance, Operations, etc.) in order to execute cross-departmental key initiatives.
- Provide ongoing coaching to Sales Managers to achieve targets and execution of strategic initiatives.
- Develop & lead streamlined sales best practices as well as promotion of the good use of sales tools like Salesforce, Salesloft, and Highspot.
- Consistently monitor the sales activity of the team, tracking the results, reporting on and sharing forecasts with leadership and finance team members.
- Build skills, confidence, and trust with direct reports as well as providing developmental feedback for continuous improvement.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5+ years of executive sales experience, demonstrating high growth leading a team in the Mid-Market sector.
- 5+ years of sales management experience in a B2B SaaS environment, with minimum of 3 years being in a fast growing late-stage startup, demonstrating what it takes to scale to $100M+ ARR.
- A strong leadership background with demonstrated sales organizational development, overseeing a team of more than 60 individuals with multiple levels of structure.
- In-depth understanding and experience in outbound sales methodologies, specifically within the Mid-Market and Enterprise models.
- Experience creating and executing customer-centric sales strategies and benchmarks for analyzing performance.
- An energetic and supportive leadership style that builds trusted relationships across all levels.
- You inspire others to be the best versions of themselves. People want to work with you and for you.
- Strong experience in leveraging other parts of the organization (Marketing, Product, Finance) to achieve goals
- Experience in deploying and optimizing productivity tools such as Salesforce and other solutions to increase productivity of team members.
- Demonstrated experience in managing sales teams focused on selling to organizations up to 500M in revenue.