Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join our Internal Client Service (ICS) workforce and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
The Public Sector Education Training Instructional Design & Development Senior Associate (IDDSA) applies innovative instructional design and development principles to create engaging and relevant learning programs for our employees. The IDDSA develops new face-to-face and online courses (and revises expiring or outdated courses) in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), national Learning and Organizational Effectiveness (L&OE), and select vendors to determine, create and validate courses.
- Education: Minimum of Associates degree or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree or certifications in instructional design, education technology, or similar preferred.
- Experience in a corporate or professional services environment with demonstrated success in working with internal clients to implement strategic learning initiatives.
- 5-7 years in instructional design and with instructional technology designing and developing both technical and non-technical learning solutions for instructor-led (face-to-face), self-study, virtual classroom, and webcasts.
- Basic skill using HTML5 and Flash programming
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office products (365, Outlook, Excel, Teams and Word).
- Intermediate skill in graphic/visual design using tools such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, and ability to storyboard and integrate instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product.
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint and learning technologies such as Articulate Storyline, Camtasia and Brainshark.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, and audio and video scripts.
- Ability to collaborate, communicate (verbally and in written form), and influence professionally across all levels.
- Agility in prioritization of tasks and handling stress with multiple demands and deadlines.
- Attention to detail and quality with follow-through to task completion.
- Effective meeting facilitation skills including the ability to listen, organize thoughts, deliver feedback, and demonstrate a point of view.
- Experience working with vendors and managing vendor relationships.
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate in a team environment, and proactively develop relationships with colleagues across groups and departments, maintaining a high level of professionalism in all interactions.
- Ability to think and operate independently, while remaining collaborative and flexible in a rapidly changing environment that is subject to prioritization of goals, responsibilities, assignments and resources.
- Experience with SumTotal LMS software desired.
- CPLP, PMP, or learning certifications a plus.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- .Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
Work hours from 9am-5pm ET, Monday-Friday; overtime may be required during week and on weekends occasionally.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.