To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
- Trent Morrison
- Phone: 4029521568
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TEKsystems, Inc • Omaha, NE
Posted 30 days ago
TEKsystems has an immediate need in support of a customer needing to add an IT Technician to their staff at one of their locations.
This is a 6 month contract-to-hire position and will be a standard Monday-Friday day shift. A qualified candidate will be proficient in troubleshooting desktop support issues in a Windows environment (PCs and Tablets), have a 2 or 4 year degree, and have excellent customer service skills.
The IT Technician will provide assistance and support to several elementary schools via walk ups, phone, email and remotely through VPN.
1. Perform system troubleshooting, general computer maintenance, and repairs in a Windows environment
2. Conduct inventory of software and hardware.
3. Maintain and track usage of computer supplies within the buildings.
4. Responsible for the day-to-day management of building network and workstations, continual evaluation of new hardware, upgrade system infrastructure software and maintain a secure computer environment.
5. Maintain email accounts (Office 365) for staff, equipment repurposing, machine imaging, software installation, configuration, and application support.
6. Establish strong standards of professional ethics when relating to staff.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
1. Minimum of an Associate's degree in Information Technology
2. Experience with Windows XP/7/10, Apple OS X up to 10.6, Active Directory, Altiris, and productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Office 365, OneDrive, PeopleSoft, and Infinite Campus.
3. Experience with TCP/IP networking and using virtual network remote control, including troubleshooting wireless networks.
4. Demonstrated experience with Apple and PC hardware, software troubleshooting processes.
5. Experience with peripheral troubleshooting processes such as scanners, printers and projectors.
6. Demonstrated ability to track by location numerous computers, printers, and other hardware
7. Understand and follow software licensing procedures
8. Maintain and exhibit an excellent personal attendance record.
9. Research, resolve, and communicate effectively both verbally and written.
10. Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects with strong attention to detail
11. A valid Nebraska Driver's license and automobile
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.