About the Position
At Company we are partner first company, so this position is integral to our strategy and success. In this role you will lead people, drive strategy and work closely with our broad partner community. The right person for this job will enjoy developing a team, influencing the partner strategy and of course executing on sales through a highly engaged partner network while increasing the number of transacting partners. This job requires someone truly passionate about partners and security solutions.
You will manage the CAMs in the field as well as the CAM team that is Seattle based. The team size is 18-20 people includes individual contributors and people managers. You and your team will partner closely with Product Management, Marketing, Support, Sales Engineering, Business Development and of course the Channel Development Team. This position reports to the VP of US Sales.
The RVP will be responsible to recruit, onboard, train, and help motivate the channel sales team. This individual will step into a role that manages across US territories responsible for running US channels from a territory perspective. Establishing and guiding the team on effective partner account management strategies and best practices to be effective Channel Account Managers is a key part of position. This role will also partner closely with Marketing, Sales Operations and Business Development.
- Lead a national team of territory Channel Account Managers to formulate a sales plan to achieve sales and profit targets for current partner accounts
- Leads the team to execute established strategy
- Provide direction and hold staff accountable for ongoing management and growth of active partners
- Identify resources needed for the team to achieve organizational performance goals
- Use consistent enterprise-wide practices to hire the right people and provide consistent orientation
- Creates and models a coaching culture that supports continuous growth and development at all levels
- Responsible for selecting, developing, and deploying staff in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives
- Lead and manage the ongoing effort to educate, inform and influence leadership about the partner feedback and the actions required to be successful
- Develop strategic partnerships to continuously improve our business relationships with our customers to optimize the growth potential in each account
- Influence peers and decisions makers from other operational functions to enhance processes and systems to meet team objectives and partner needs
- Work closely with/drive cross-functional team/initiatives across the US organization
- Establish and maintain relationships with key members of the Partner community
- Lead the optimization and collaboration in the development and execution of all strategic and tactical plans to achieve growth potential and optimal business partnership in each account
- Accountable for ensuring department/team budget stays allocated and aligned with targets
- Continuously improve tools, technology, and processes to optimize effectiveness
- Responsible for the US Territory CAM Forecast roll-up and reporting cadence
- Responsible for the Territory CAM Activity and Performance metrics tracking, review cadence and management to attain the quarterly and annual Metrics goals for each member of the team.
- Other duties and projects assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to deliver sustainable sales results through channel partner program execution
- Proven track record of sales and marketing excellence with channel partner programs
- Proven and consistent achievement of assigned objectives and quota’s
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure and Internet security industry
- Demonstrated background in building successful teams
- Demonstrated experience effectively work cross-functionally across the organization and externally with members, State policy makers and regulators, key community agencies/influencers, employers/brokers.
- Must have strong attention to detail, metrics and the ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow-up on own initiative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as good working knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word), Salesforce.com and Marketo.
- Individual must be team-oriented self-starter with good problem-solving skills and ability to interact positively and successfully with all levels of the company.
- Detail-oriented with high level of accuracy and follow-through
- Ability to travel domestically 75% of the time throughout the US
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales, marketing or equivalent training in business or sales management
- 12+ plus years of channel account management experience with focus on small and mid-market business and MSP in the security industry
- 7+ years of progressive management experience
- Experience in B2B channel-based network security sales
- Experience utilizing SalesForce.com