SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based in Jersey City, NJ
The Fund Accounting Manager manages the accounting function for assigned funds ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reporting. They are responsible for independent verification of monthly valuations in order to ensure proper reporting of the Net Asset Value, ensuring balance sheet reconciliations comply with our global policies, ensure internal controls are in place and performed according to our global standards, and is responsible for managing the accounting books of an assigned funds. In addition, they are also ensuring that the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts are accurately reported on a timely basis within tight deadlines, ensuring that strong internal controls are maintained in accordance with financial policies.
Responsible for managing professional and clerical staff engaged in fund accounting activities
- Provides fund accounting services for mutual funds, collective funds, common trust funds, hedge funds and other fund products
- Ensure accurate reporting of the funds’ performance to the clients in the form of profit and loss reporting and month end NAVs.
- Review work of fund accountants and provide technical expertise to assist the accountants in their responsibilities, including:
- Daily and Monthly Profit and Loss reporting
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reviews
- Monthly NAV Packs and Valuation
- Provide leadership, training, and coaching to the fund accountants on your team.
- Respond to various requests from portfolio managers, auditors and Global Fund Services management.
- Be actively involved in projects and process improvements.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
5+ years accounting experience with 2+ years financial markets accounting experience
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong dispute resolution and effective problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and detail oriented skills with proven ability to manage and prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced with internal control processes
- Demonstrated customer service and continuous improvement focus
- Demonstrated leadership in managing, coaching/developing, and motivating team members
- Ability to work in a changing, fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge of financial markets securities
- Knowledge, experience and skills in the use of PC-based systems, including advanced skill in MS Excel
- Working knowledge of Advent Geneva
Skills and Knowledge Desired:
Experience with hedge fund and private equity accounting
- Working knowledge of IRIS, Mantra, or Investran systems
- Experience with Bloomberg
- CMA, CPA, CFA level 1
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
International Financial Reporting Standards