Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc, one of the largest metals distributors in the US with a rich history spanning 175 years, is looking for a Service Center Operator to join our warehouse team in Oklahoma City, OK. Successful candidate will work within a metal processing environment as a material handler or equipment operator. Successful candidates will also be responsible for:
• Pulling and staging feed stock for production orders
• Finishing and inspecting product to meet customer expectations
• Final packaging of material per customer specification
• Staging of material for outbound shipping
• Maximum productivity during job task
• Work order confirmation on computer
• Operating an overhead crane to move material as needed
• Operating a forklift or side loader to move material as needed
• Carrying/moving supplies as needed
• Other miscellaneous duties to support the machine operator role
• Other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.Position Requirements:
• HS diploma or GED
• Less than a year of metals warehouse experience with knowledge of structural steel preferred
• Forklift/side-loader experience
• Must be able to safely operate cranes with minimal supervision
• Good computer skills are a plus.
• Must be able to accurately use standard measuring tools (tape measure, micrometer, and caliper) as well as pneumatic hand tools.
• Must be willing to work overtime when needed
• Must be a team player.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.