To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bronx, NY, US
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Systems Analyst
Affinity Health Plan • Bronx, NY, US
Posted 26 days ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position will be working as a liaison between business partners & system developers with responsibility for documenting detailed business requirements and systems specifications. The BSA is responsible for aligning project delivery with technology and business strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge of Business
Applies fundamental understanding of health plan operations and their relationship to application/software requirements, development and support.
- Fundamental understanding of business processes within the health care industry
- Ability to document systems that complement and/or optimize health plan business processes
- Produces detailed support documentation that includes system flowcharts and the relationship to health plan business processes.
Technology - Tools
- Knowledge of MS-Office products suite and MS-Visio required
- Working knowledge of SQL, VB.NET, and or C#
- Data mapping, including the creation of file specifications; source to target mapping
- Create and execute test scenario
Ability to implement enhancements in a challenging and dynamic work environment
- Maintain overall responsibility for successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
- Capability to accurately scope and implement minor enhancements (40 to 200 hours)Consistently meets or exceeds defined enhancement implementation timelines
- Dependably achieves minor enhancement business objectives
Fully compliant with all Affinity Health Plan Information Technology Service, Service Excellence policies, procedures and processes.
- Demand Management – Enters accurate accounting of work performed
- Service Levels – Meets or exceeds established Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Customer Service – Complies with Customer Service best practices and meets or exceeds established metrics
- Core Processes - Fully compliant will Core Processes including Daily Standup, Escalation & Notification, Service Restoration, Root Cause Analysis and Change Control methodologies
- Core Documentation - Maintains accurate Core Documentation for supported applications and systems
Management Ability & Oversite
Ability to individually scope & implement minor enhancements.
- Performs duties under minimal supervision and guidance from management using detailed report request requirements
- Work is monitored while in progress and reviewed upon completion
- Expected to show initiative and judgement in performing assigned tasks
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field or equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a business systems analyst within the health care industry.
- Performs analysis to define opportunities to create improved future state workflows/solutions (end-to-end process flow development).
- Drive the implementation of on-going and envisaged technology initiatives including Web Portals and Mobile platforms
- Help businesses rigorously evaluate and successfully implement technology solutions in a cost-effective and time-bound manner in order to realize the targeted benefits from technology.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Must attain baseline credentials/certificates in first year of employment.
- Experience with data integration and conversion processes, preferred.
- Ability to learn and implement new and/or different techniques.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong ability to analyze problems and identify and implement solutions.
- Strong ability to organize tasks and maintain project schedules.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to communicate with all levels of staff in a courteous, constructive, patient and informative manner.
- Strong oral and writing skills characterized by the ability to communicate technical and non-technical information thoroughly and clearly to a range of reading and comprehension skill levels.
- Commitment to the corporate mission, vision, and values.
- Knowledge of MS-Office products suite and MS-Visio required.
- Working knowledge of SQL, VB.NET, and or C#.