To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20250
- Janon Chilcoat
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Armored Vehicle Engineering Specialist
Cherokee Nation Businesses • Washington, DC
Posted 17 days ago
Armored Vehicle Engineering Specialist (ID# 13899)
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT’s expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is head-quartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnt.com
CNT is currently looking for an Armored Vehicle Engineering Specialist to assist our client with their mission.
This position requires an Active Top Secret Clearance which is a mandatory requirement.
- Develop and manage programs for major technical investigations in the area of ballistics and explosive event research and development, armoring, metallurgical science, ceramic materials, material processing, heat treating and applied programmatic research.
- Develop and manage programs for the investigation into automotive upgrades to enhance the payload of vehicles for the purpose of receiving additional armor weight. Focus placed on increased payload, improved braking and improved power output to ensure adequate vehicle handling and response required to perform vehicle escape and evade maneuvers.
- Develop and manage research programs for the evaluation of armor systems integrated into vehicle platforms. Emphasis placed on proper welding, bonding, fastening of armor into vehicles. Validate proper overlaps with armor interfaces such as glass and doors. Validate structural integrity for blast protection and the integration of lightweight composite systems.
- Liaise with our Kinetic and Mobility testing facilities focused on ballistic and blast testing in conjunction with test laboratories and live-fire test sites.
- Technical responsibility for the areas of ballistics and explosive event research, development, armoring, event modeling, sub-structural analysis for vehicle integration
- Technical responsibility for the areas of automotive upgrades in the suspension, chassis, wheels, tires, brakes and power output for the vehicle platforms
- Project ownership responsibilities for major technical projects including but not limited to organizing project path, tracking project cost, communicating, maintaining data and advising management group of findings.
- Focus on new technologies that significantly improve performance (disruptive innovation), improvements in current state of the art (evolutionary innovation), and guiding system engineers in application of technologies in design of new products.
- Responsible for the completion of major projects on schedule.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering, Physics, or Material Science from an accredited university.
- Five plus (5+) years of experience as an engineer and has mastered all relevant technical and analytical tools.
- Ability to focus, work autonomously and possess drive and be goal oriented to complete tasks
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- The ability to pass a drug screen and federal background investigation
- An Active Top Secret Clearance is required
- Preference given to B.S. in Material Science or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university with a specialization in chemistry, chemical interactions, ceramics or metallurgy.
- Preference given to B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Experience working for a major automotive OEM or tier-1 supplier to the OEMs that has background designing suspension or electronic control systems
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
- maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]”. This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.