To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Knoxville, TN - Maryville, TN - Alcoa, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TeamHealth • Knoxville, TN - Maryville, TN - Alcoa, TN
Posted 11 days ago
Join a team of dynamic, results oriented professionals!
Named among "The World's Most Admired Companies" by Fortune Magazine
Named among "America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies" by Forbes magazine
Named among "Great Places to Work" by Becker's Hospital Review
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Convenience market on site
- Benefit Eligibility (Medical/Dental/Vision/Life) the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- 401K program (Discretionary matching funds available)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dental plans & Vision plans
- GENEROUS Personal time off
- Eight Paid Holidays per year
- Quarterly incentive plans
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
This entry level coding position is responsible for assigning ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes, MIPS codes (formerly known as PQRS) and clinical data reporting (CDR) information to patient encounters based on medical record from client hospital Emergency Departments. This job entails scanning for accuracy and completeness of records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign appropriate diagnosis codes using ICD-10-CM code book.
- Assign MIPS (Merit based incentive payment system) codes to CMS charts that require them.
- Review and process charts according to department production goals.
- Report coding problems or irregularities to Analyst
- Exercise knowledge of medical terminology and physiological systems, as well as ICD-10 coding rules and regulations.
- Read all memos, bulletins, updates, and educational material supplied and be responsible for the content.
- Performance of other non-essential duties that may be requested by BPO Management.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- ICD-10 knowledge required
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Requires constant sitting tolerance, must have good attention span and attention to detail. This job should be performed in a well-lighted and well-vented environment.
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.