To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Inside Sales Consultants, North America
Clarivate • Alexandria, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
Main Purpose of Job:
The role of the Manager, Inside Sales Consultants (ISCs) is to lead his/her team in North America into the next era of sales growth. This leadership position is responsible for the development and execution of new business strategies for Patent Search Services and Patent Translations Services within the region. The role will report to the new Sales Director, North America.
It is critical that the candidate is able to successfully build internal and external relationships, to ensure the business meets and exceeds its targets. This is a great opportunity for an energetic player/coach to take an already successful area and turn it into a key growth driver for the business. The Sales Manager will be expected to quickly build out a high performing Inside Sales team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives revenue growth of IP Services, especially Patent Search Services and Patent Translations Services; exceeding new sales goals on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Achieves key inside sales activity objectives, including dials, successful call connects, and lead generation
- Analyzes client needs and creates strategies tailored to each organization
- Develops, maintains, and grows a rigorous pipeline (at least 3X target)
- Progresses, negotiates and closes sales within our commercial guidelines
- Builds strong relationships with accounts based on “trust”, at multiple levels, including: attorneys, users, managers and business leaders, to increase revenue and sales opportunities
- Captures and records account information and sales activity data into customer relationship management systems (Salesforce.com), and other business systems as appropriate
- Forecast accurately and with rigor, taking accountability for any forecast misses
- Recruit, manage, develop and coach high performing talent when the opportunity arises
- Be a role model for professionalism, teamwork, accountability, and upholding the company’s values and objectives
Knowledge, Skills and Other Requirements:
- Leadership skills. Ability and desire to take on responsibility to mentor and develop ISC colleagues into a high performing team
- 3 years of sales experience in inside sales and/or consultative selling environment
- Proven track record of successful prospecting and attaining targets in a complex sales environment; preferably solution selling experience with a significant services component.
- Prior intellectual property knowledge and familiarity with the patent prosecution lifecycle is preferred. However, we will train the right candidate.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multi-stage process pipeline.
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation to succeed individually and as a team; a desire to win, allied to strong ethical values and professional integrity
- University Degree or equivalent experience required.
- English language fluency
- Metro Washington D.C resident (role is based in our Alexandria, VA office; the Philadelphia corporate office is an alternate location under consideration)
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.