Are you ready to build a rewarding career making a real impact, changing the world for people living with MS?
To realize our vision we need innovative, collaborative individuals who are motivated by hitting goals and are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. As a Society team member, you will work with urgency and relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
Does this sound like you? If so, take action now.
Join our dynamic team.
Do life changing work.
As the Vice President, Corporate Engagement you will be a leader within the development department influencing and driving strategy, relationships and best practices to accomplish national financial goals. You will oversee a national corporate engagement team focused on building and expanding existing portfolios and relationships
As the Vice President, Corporate Engagement, you will be a member of the Society Leadership and Management Team and, as such, must maintain a broad knowledge of the Society, uphold our culture, and contributes to strategic discussions. You will ensure the achievement of the operational plan and budget. You will be a contributor and work effectively on leadership teams; creating high performing teams and contributing to increasing capacity through professional development
As the Vice President, Corporate Engagement you will:
Execute against a national strategy for corporate engagement, focused on renewing/enhancing previous engagement and developing new relationships with target corporations to achieve revenue growth for all industries, including pharmaceutical (30%).
* Be responsible for annual revenue performance in excess of $8-10 million gross from national supporters and exceeding budgeted net revenue
* Provide strategic leadership, creating and executing fundraising strategies to raise an additional $25M annually through event campaigns from corporations; while working to grow additional avenues of corporate revenueResponsible for creating and ensuring the delivery of a high-touch and personalized stewardship plan for top national accounts
* Collaborate with volunteers and provide resources , engaging them to leverage their expertise, abilities and network.
* Maintain knowledge and high-level expertise in corporate relations and external factors affecting revenue performance. Seek perspectives and understand practices of other organizations
* Collaborate with peers and Senior Leaders to develop new and innovative funding opportunities to accelerate revenue growth
Manage a team to build a diverse portfolio of national accounts for national sponsorship and campaigns (30%)
o Recruit, manage and retain a high-performing team
Ensure development of an operational plan and budget; integrating corporate engagement strategy and activities; develop revenue projections; work with strategic finance on financial analysis, measure and report on progress to the plan and implement adjustments to address risk and opportunities. (20%)
o Ensure clarity of all staff in their responsibilities in execution and achieving revenue targets
o Increase corporate revenue through acquisition, retention and fundraising performance
Serve as the primary relationship manager for a portfolio of priority corporations, corporate foundations, CEOs, C-Suite executives and other high impact individuals with responsibility for prospect research, recruitment, cultivation, and retention (10%).
Perform other duties as assigned to acheive our mission (10%).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Qualified Candidates will have a minimum of a bachelors degree and the following:
* 10 years of experience in a Senior or National position with a non-profit organization
* Proven track record of individually securing large six and seven-figure gifts
* 10 years of successful sales experience, particularly in selling intangible programs and services, along with the ability to develop and execute sales and marketing strategies
* 10 years of experience in negotiation and solution oriented problem-solving
* Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
* (IF APPLICABLE) This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
* Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
* Established ability to build and cultivate relationships, and influence strategies and techniques for high level corporate executives, community leaders, high net worth individuals, and diverse constituents.
* Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
* Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
* Demonstrated success with managing a team of high-end relationship/account managers.
* Ability to manage and motivate groups and individuals.
* Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and delivers on organizational commitments.
* Excellent project management, planning, and organization skills.
* Strong strategic planning skills.