The Spread eTrading Technology team is focused on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit and SPG Trading businesses where our client is a market leader. They are a team of around 30 people with the core of our development effort based in London, New York and Hong Kong where they partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly to the trading desks. Their core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. They are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects related to electronic and algorithmic trading.
The client is looking to hire an experienced electronic trading software engineer to work in Chicago and lead a new team focused on building the next generation eTrading platform for the business that they support. The successful candidate will focus on designing, building and delivering our strategic platform and partner closely with the broader eTrading technology team of highly-skilled and business-aligned technologists. The team is responsible for the electronic trading platform used by the Spread Trading business globally and the team designs, builds and enhances electronic trading contribution and execution capabilities, working closely with the desk, quantitative research and with core technology groups. Products traded include corporate bonds, single name CDS, index CDS, index CDS options and TBA mortgage backed securities. The role will combine all aspects of software development from design and build to deployment, working within a global team of experienced technologists.
It requires expertise in creating high quality and reusable components in a service-oriented architecture that will be leveraged by a variety of teams across Spread Technology as well as for direct deliveries to the desk. The successful candidate must be comfortable working as a front-office developer in a high pressure, challenging role with a focus on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing environment: time to market is critical, but without compromising on quality or performance.
- Head up the Chicago eTrading technology team and buildout a team of 5 developers to shape the future eTrading architecture for the Spread business.
- Develop robust, performant trading systems using the most suitable technology choices. Align development with the overall Spread trading strategy.
- Work across the entire software development lifecycle – requirements information gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, handover to operate teams.
- Understand end-to-end contribution, execution and post-trade flows across the electronic trading platform.
- Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing, code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and “operatability”.
- Global Spread Trading business and Quant Research team.
- Global Production Support & Infrastructure teams.
- Other Spread Technology teams and core infrastructure support teams. Development Value
- Opportunity to work closely with a best-in-class trading business on projects that directly impact revenue.
- Direct Exposure to a strategic firm-wide technology platform that spans multiple functions and asset classes.
- Fast paced, dynamic environment with significant opportunities for career growth. Technical
- Strong analytical development skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and experience in real-time, high performance and eTrading areas.
- Strong grasp of object oriented design and programming, multi-threaded programming and middleware technologies (e.g. RMDS, Informatica UM, Streambase, Tibco).
- Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems with technology and an ability to quickly translate requirements into a sound technical design and implementation.
- Python and Java programming expertise with a strong background in delivery.
- Experience with SCM tools: Spring, Maven, Git.
- Unix/Linux command line and shell scripting.
- Proven organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills. Knowledge/Experience
- Prior experience working in electronic trading is essential.
- The ideal candidate will likely be qualified to degree level in Computer Science, Maths or related engineering discipline.
- Strong technology generalist – experience building highly performant and resilient applications used within a high performance/real-time environment. •Experience working in a team with a strong software development process (build, test, deploy etc.)
Use Programming Language