To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milwaukee, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr VP, Supply Chain - (AIS) Franksville, WI
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Milwaukee, WI
Posted 13 days ago
Position is located in Franksville, WI
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The primary duty of the Sr. VP of Supply Chain is to lead the strategic development of the operations, supply chain, and facilities management functions throughout the AIS organization. Partner with Senior Executives to execute strategies across the organization. Utilize lean principals to drive training and process improvements throughout the company. Serve as the interim Divisional VP for the Wisconsin facility.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the AIS team through projects that: drive efficiency in business performance and proactively identify areas of process improvement that will improve accuracy and provide cost savings.
- Leads process improvement projects defined to improve supplier delivery performance, logistics optimization, and operational efficiency.
- Defines and tracks AIS KPI’s that are required to achieve P&L improvements from both Operations and Procurement teams.
- Creates strategies to leverage processes and systems (ERP, CRM, QMS, etc) to foster accurate and efficient reporting to drive YOY improvements.
- Manages and directs all physical facilities for AIS.
- Directs all activities of the AIS supply chain team (Purchasing, Sourcing, Operations, Quality)
- Develops and manages key supply chain metrics including customer fill rate, purchase cost variance, and warehouse productivity
- Undertakes other tasks as assigned by management
- Flexibility in traveling across North America as directed. (occasionally overseas)
- Serve as a member of the Executive Management Team.
- Serve as Interim Divisional VP for the Wisconsin division.
- Fosters the AIS/MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of AIS/MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing a multi-location operation required.
- Proficiency with ERP systems especially Prophet 21, including wireless warehouse operations required.
- Experience in managing a geographically diverse team required.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality related to all duties and responsibilities, such as the proprietary information of vendors and customers required.
- Lean Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Ability to manage process and policy is critical.
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) required.
- Extended ERP/MRP experience required.
- Ability to deal professionally with customers, internal customers and suppliers in a polite, efficient and responsive way required.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad spectrum of work associates required.
- Strong understanding of lean concepts.
- Ability to understand and clarify business needs and develop processes that achieve business objectives is a must.
- A valid driver’s license required
- Ability to travel (20-30%)
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
MSC Industrial Supply Co. is a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.