APPLICATION DESIGN ENGINEER CLOUD SR.
Extron is looking for a Software Engineer that specializes in the design and development of state-of-the-art micro services architectures targeted at Amazon Web Services. Alongside cloud development, the Application Design Engineer will introduce, promote and evolve cloud excellence in areas such as performance, scalability, security, deployment and operations, based on industry standards, best practices and personal experience. The Senior engineer will also be responsible for collaboration on specifications, architecture, design, tooling and technology with an eye on emerging and new technologies. Required Qualifications
- B. Sc. in computer sciences.
- 5+ years' experience designing and implementing cloud native applications on AWS.
- 2+ years’ experience in native cloud architecture using AWS.
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of AWS private virtual networking infrastructure.
- Experience developing distributed and cross-platform microservices architectures using Docker containers.
- Basic knowledge of Unix based systems.
- Excellent knowledge in software quality process/assurance including automated testing, design and code review, code profiling and continuous integration and deployment methodologies.
- Experience in one or more development languages and frameworks such as C#, Java, NodeJS, Python, Go.
- Ability to work in and build cloud native services and environments.
- Experience with one or more Enterprise messaging patterns, protocols and implementations.
- Clean coding skills and excellent problem-solving ability.
- A good understanding and appreciation of the Agile Software Development Process.
- Ability to work to a sprint plan, track progress, identify risks, anticipate and communicate delays to the team.
- Team player with the ability to both articulate thoughts and opinions but also listen and compromise.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional and international environment.
- Ability and desire to learn new things and improve on a continuous basis.
- Cultural awareness through work with global teams.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Great sense of humor.
- Experience delivering products on a continuous basis.
- Experience with Atlassian's JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket.
Amazon Web Services