As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The graphic design specialist will possess a blend of creative concepting skills and hands-on, proven design execution. This role also requires strong communication skills, creativity, and attention to detail. The role is designed to partner with marketers and business partners across the business lines and functions to assist with design creation, development, and execution across multiple touch points, including print collateral, signage, tradeshow booths, and digital assets. The graphic design specialist partners with the business and the brand team to ensure all materials align with brand guidelines, while meeting business and communication objectives.
- Work closely with marketers, designers, producers, and business partners to assist with design execution of collateral, in accordance with business needs and brand guidelines.
- Design and manage consistency in assets across all media, including display, email, print, digital graphics.
- Provide creative guidance and explanation to non-designers with respect to the design rationale and how it meets objectives.
- Utilize creative best practices, and problem-solving mindset to achieve results
- Full command of design software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) and other related technology and applications.
- Strong leadership, project ownership and project management skills.
- Ability to turn complex design issues into clean, intuitive solutions.
- Participate & conceptualize at a high level about strategy and vision – and how it translates into design
- Identify examples of ‘good work’ and ‘great work.’
- Share knowledge of design publications, blogs, platforms and events
- Build collaboration and community of practice for designers and marketers.
- Demonstrate a holistic design approach for understanding context, developing insight, exploring and visualizing design opportunities.
- Be a creative ‘big thinker’, yet have the ability to craft the ‘design detail’.
- Researches competitors and keep abreast of market trends.
- Explores different ideas and concepts for both the visual and verbal elements
- Trains designers and business line personnel with respect to brand guidelines and usage of brand assets
- Conducts brand reviews of materials ensuring consistency with brand standards: visuals, voice, tone, personality
- Assists in developing and enhancing brand guidelines
- Creates brand assets and templates
- Maintains and manages brand asset repositories (e.g., Brand Central, AdMaster, Ad Central, photo repository, etc.) and brand tools
- Partners with legal to ensure trademark protection
- Strong proponent of the brand
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years of design experience. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Full command of design software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite and other related technology and applications.
- Knowledge of current innovations and best practices in design.
- Presentation of a portfolio of design output.
- Understanding and command of the importance of adherence to brand guidelines and standards.
- Requires a high degree of attention to detail
- Requires strong organization and project management skills.
- Requires strong communication skills and creativity
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about URL blocked - click to apply.
Create Graphic Design
Create Digital Design
Provide Design Solution
Develop Creative Concept
Create Aesthetic Visualization