To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Principal, Business Development for Sponsor Coverage
CBIZ • New York, NY
Posted 1 month ago
About CBIZ CMF
CBIZ CMF is a division of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) with a service line focused on mergers, acquisitions, and transitions for private equity-backed firms across North America. Our professionals are dynamic, operations-oriented financial executives who are accustomed to the issues, ambiguity, and interpersonal dynamics of businesses going through transitions and transactions. Culturally, the division is an entrepreneurial, service-oriented, and team-centric, meritocracy. We are looking for “A” players to round out our team.
CBIZ CMF is fortunate to have additional scale and competencies through our parent company CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) and their over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities in the U.S. In partnership with our parent company, additionally, we are able to offer a comprehensive set of services including: Tax, Audit, Valuation, Risk & Advisory, Corporate Recovery, Benefits, Property & Casualty and other insurance related services.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
About the Role
This role reports to our Managing Director, Financial Sponsor Coverage, and is critical to expanding our presence in the Greater New York City metropolitan area.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Call on professionals at private equity firms, investment banking firms, and other M&A constituents in the Greater New York City metropolitan area to originate new business opportunities for CBIZ CMF.
- Work directly with the senior executive team to drive new revenue growth by delivering CBIZ CMF's services.
- Continually develop, harvest, and manage new and existing client relationships to maximize new business pipeline opportunities.
- Present actionable business intelligence on prospects that supports existing strategies to help close new opportunities.
- Schedule, conduct, and complete follow up on sales calls and meetings.
- Support proposal development process through coordination of scope discussions with clients and delivery teams including indicative pricing, staffing, and production of proposal document.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of new services, industry trends and competition.
- Execute specific “front of mind” campaigns to target groups as designed by the senior BD team.
- Manage, track, and report on all sales activities and results utilizing CRM system i.e. Salesforce and other tools e.g. PitchBook, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in professional services and ideally 3 years in a sales related role with direct responsibility for generating revenue.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com.
- Adept at juggling multiple priorities and deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Must be independent and self-motivated.
- High level of maturity and professionalism.
- Can quickly learn how to qualify legitimate leads.
- Leverage existing relationships and nurture new relationships with M&A professionals in Greater New York City metropolitan region
- Familiarity with alternative investment asset classes strongly desired.
- Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of our services over the phone.
- Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: sales skills, teamwork, professionalism, communications, and organization.
- Must live in the Great New York City metropolitan area.
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree
- Proven sales ability represented by a minimum of three years of direct sales experience
- Possess industry knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus presentation skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and to multi-task