To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Return to Work Coordinator/ Keep at Work Coordinator
AF Group • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 6 days ago
The Keep at Work (KAW) Coordinator under the supervision of the KAW Manager assists with the facilitation of a KAW Program. The KAW Coordinator works closely with all internal departments; Claims, Loss Control, Underwriting and Marketing as well as our Insured's and Brokers monitoring a successful KAW program. The KAW Coordinators participates in presentations to educate Brokers and existing and new Employers.
- Educate the employer on the value of a successful KAW/Return to Work (KAW/RTW) program to fit their specific needs, telephonically or in person.
- We will provide the employers with the KAW/RTW tools that have been designed by Compwest for our employers.
- Provide employer KAW/RTW training which will be customized at the employer's request. This training may involve management, supervisors and employees.
- Request job description forms to be completed by employers for each job being performed which identifies the physical demands.
- Employers are advised that Job descriptions may be utilized for pre-employment physicals at the time of hire and should be provided to the treating physician should an injury occur.
- Assist employers in completing requested job description forms by providing industry specific job description samples. This includes Usual and Customary &/or Modified-Alternate job descriptions
- Once the employer has completed the Job Descriptions we will save them into the employer's job bank and they will be stored in the claims shared drive.
- Mentor employers and explore KAW/RTW opportunities by providing suggestions of potential modified jobs within their industry. This does include general employer questions and claims specific requests.
- Assist in facilitating the earliest possible return to work for injured workers as soon as an injured worker has been provided with temporary work restrictions or permanent work restrictions are anticipated.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the employer throughout the KAW /RTW process to insure successful closure.
- Provide ongoing KAW/RTW support to employers.
- Develop and maintain a positive business relationship with employers by providing timely and effective customer service.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
- Provide ongoing KAW/RTW Inter-department training for new and existing employees.
- Files are referred to KAW Coordinator from, claims examiners, nurse case managers, management, management reports, and employers, under writing, marketing and loss control departments.
- Assist claims staff in facilitating KAW/RTW services on all files that have received a minimum of 2 weeks of temporary disability.
- Provide ongoing KAW/RTW intervention until the injured worker is released to return to work full duty by the treating doctor.
- Continuous communication with the claims examiners, nurse case managers, management staff, loss control and under writing departments to discuss potential KAW/RTW issues.
- Implement KAW/RTW action plan based on communication with all inter-department parties involved
- Document all KAW/RTW communication.
- Provide ongoing KAW/RTW direction to employers and internal staff to reduce claims cost by providing viable alternative return to work options.
- If a barrier exists, assist claims department in obtaining job description required for claim development.
- Request updated information from claims department relevant to performing KAW/RTW responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Management, Loss Control, Underwriting, Marketing and Claims departments to provide customer service and address employer or broker concerns, comments and feedback.
- Assist in maintaining existing business.
- Provide KAW/RTW information to new perspective business.
- Manually Track and report all KAW/RTW cost-savings related to Temporary Disability and Permanent disability.
- Manually Track and report all KAW/RTW cost-savings related to Job Descriptions and Job Banks.
- Monthly and year to date tracking of receipt of job descriptions, successful RTW claims, employer meetings, employer contacts, number of cases referred.
- Document KAW/RTW Actions in claims systems and employer systems.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as monthly and annual reports.