To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ExecuNet • Omaha, NE
Posted 2 months ago
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Company is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to lead the team at Bergan Mercy Surgery Center in Omaha, NE. The Bergan Mercy Surgery Center is a multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center (ASC) located on the campus of CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center – Bergan Mercy and is a joint-venture between CHI Health and several independent physician owners. The Bergan Mercy Surgery Center is a CMS licensed outpatient surgery center and has received the highest level of accreditation from the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). The Bergan Mercy Surgery Center’s Mission provides cost-effective outpatient services using modern, state-of-art technology in a friendly and caring environment by highly-skilled, compassionate staff serving City of Omaha, NE and surrounding communities.
- Provides leadership to a team of clinical and business professionals, focused on clinical quality outcomes, labor efficiencies, supply chain management, volume growth drivers and revenue cycle optimization.
- Live and model the Values of the Bergan Mercy Surgery Center.
- Responsible for the Center’s P&L; managing financial controls and reporting.
- Provides day-to-day operational oversight.
- Develops and maintains an effective marketing program that encompasses physicians, patients, medical groups, and third-party payers focused on case volume growth.
- Safeguards the Center's assets and ensures that ASC's building and/or tenant improvements and equipment are maintained in good working order and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for creating a fair, open environment for all teammates. Ensure consistency of treatment and application of policy.
- Depending upon specific facility needs, may participate in the provision of direct patient care consistent with licensure, experience and current competence in the level of patient care provided.
- Promotes an environment of service excellence for patients and physicians.
- Maintains center operations in compliance with regulatory requirements and accrediting body standards at all times.
- Fosters positive relationships with physician partners and medical staff members.
Internal Relationships (Works Closely With); Patients/Significant Others; Physicians; Management Teammates; Partners; Governing Board
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration or Management strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Operational management experience required.
- Budgeting, financial management, clinical service management and/or materials management required.
- Experience in ASC and/or outpatient surgery center operations strongly preferred.
- Healthcare regulatory and accreditation compliance experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Business Acumen
- Change Agent
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
Critical Success Factors:
- Extremely motivated and goal oriented with strong desire to succeed.
- Positive-energy, self-driven, with high sense of urgency and self-confidence. Passionate, inspires respect and trust.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills; a great listener and facilitator.
- Organized with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ready for anything; quickly adapts to continually changing requirements, manages competing demands, delays or unexpected events and overcomes obstacles.
- Able to have and coach to crucial conversations with staff, leadership team and partners.
- Comfortable with Accountability both for their own work and direct reports.
- Willingness to challenge the Status Quo.