To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha Nebraska, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Engineering Technician - Omaha
Apex Systems • Omaha Nebraska, NE
Posted 2 months ago
Apex Systems, the nation’s second largest IT staffing firm, has an immediate opportunity for a Field Engineering Technician to support one of our top clients! Please find the details below.
If interested and believe you are 80% qualified, please apply!
Field Engineering Technician Overview
Shift: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm, Possible OT
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: Contract to Hire
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds.
- Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
- Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Reviews assigned work orders.
- Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair.
- Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Responds quickly to emergencies, summoning additional assistance as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
- May coordinate work and assign tasks.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
- Universal CFC certification required.
- Universal EPA certification required.
- Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair. Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Requires intermediate analytical skills.
- Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry up to 50 lbs.
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you’d be eligible for health, dental, vision, and life insurance; direct deposit, weekly pay, and our referral program*
Is this opportunity not exactly what you are looking for? No problem! We have offices and opportunities across the country—visit our Talent Network to see what else is out there: https://itcareers.apexsystems.com/join
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178