Accountants, don't get lost in the numbers! Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Accountant. Instead of being another faceless resume, let Vaco advocate for you. At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the market-keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. If you're an experienced Accountant and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Senior Accountant your typical day may involve:
- Review capital invoices/purchase orders including remodels and new store construction to ensure correct GAAP accounting classification (capital or expense) and correct project coding.
- Ensure all asset activity is correctly processed for additions, accruals, reclassifications, transfers, retirements, and impairments per GAAP and company policies.
- Complete Project Accounting (PA) and Fixed Assets (FA) processing close each month including processing the PA and FA systems, analyzing variances, and preparing monthly reports.
- Prepare or review all fixed asset related journal entries, account reconciliations and monthly roll-forwards of asset activity.
- Responsible for all monthly capital expenditure reporting by project for Financial Planning and Analysis and other departments.
- Identify and implement system and process improvements to increase productivity.
- Work with Development, IT and others to ensure proper coding and classifications for capital expenditures.
- Provide fixed asset related schedules and reports for internal/external audit and Tax.
- Complete other special projects as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years Accounting experience
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years' experience in Fixed Assets, A/P, or General Ledger ERP financial applications
- 2 years of Oracle financial applications experience
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with great attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Oracle applications experience in Fixed Assets and Project Accounting
As a Senior Accountant, you'll have the opportunity to leverage your financial expertise, organizational skills, and multi-tasking abilities. It's a great opportunity to take your accounting career to the next level!
Here's what you will need to succeed as a Senior Accountant:
• Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
• 2+ years of experience
• CPA or CPA candidate
• Public accounting experience; Big 4, desired
• Proficient in business related software: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles