To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV 89501
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Schneider Electric • Reno, NV
Posted 1 day ago
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- This posting is for a Application Engineer, with a role focused on the deployment of Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS) for key accounts in the large scale data center market.
- This is a customer facing position and the successful candidate must work well in a team environment and will interface directly in person with contractors and end-users on a daily basis.
- Responsibilities for this position include performing software installation and start-up services, servicing installed systems, troubleshooting equipment and device communications, and providing customer training for the commissioned system.
- Specific tasks may include:
o Consulting with customers to determine system operation requirements
o Specifying and purchasing of hardware/software as required by project
o Installation and upgrading of EPMS software
o Configuring and commissioning Schneider Electric and 3rd party hardware
o Performing start-up services and system troubleshooting
o Programming of PLC applications and HMI interfaces
o Providing training for commissioned systems
o Documenting the as-built system
- Travel up to 50% outside of home area to customer sites is required. Majority of travel is domestic with occasional international opportunities.
This position requires presence at customer sites and as such, candidate must be able to obtain necessary clearance and/or credentials to comply with customer requirements for executing work on their site. The types of credentials that might be required, include but are not limited to, passports, Homeland Security clearance, background and credit checks, etc.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on control systems, Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience working around electrical equipment such as switchgear, generators, UPS systems, etc.
- Good understanding of industry standard communication protocols with an emphasis on Modbus, IEC 61850, and BACnet
- Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies, and hardware
- Knowledgeable in computer programming languages (Visual Basic, C/C++, Java, etc.), databases (SQL), and HTML development
- PLC programming and troubleshooting experience
- HMI configuration experience, including graphical screen development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a group setting, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret contract specifications and electrical drawing packages
- Stable work history
- Direct experience with Schneider Electric proprietary software such as Power Monitoring Expert and Power SCADA Expert
- Citect Certified Engineer (CCE)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled