To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Delinquency Control Specialist
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Alexandria, VA
Posted 1 day ago
Delinquency Control Specialist
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Delinquency Control Specialist in Alexandria, Virginia.The primary purpose of this job is to collect debts owed to the credit union from members by contacting and counseling members about their delinquent accounts, maintaining related written records and complying with all related policies, procedures and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Review delinquent accounts to determine actions to be taken and initiates appropriate follow-up activity, maintaining on-line chronological records of all facts, information developed and actions taken.
- Determine reason for delinquency and establishes an equitable payment arrangement enlisting the cooperation of the member, tracking member’s compliance to revised payment schedule.
- Counsel and assist members in the reduction and elimination of delinquent loan accounts.
- Provide in-depth productive and remedial financial counseling as needed.
- Analyze information in the member's record, decides what action will be taken and selects a method for effecting that action.
- Contact third parties such as relatives of the delinquent member, employers, personnel officers, creditors, or credit bureaus for the purpose of determining whereabouts of the member. Perform skip tracing activities as necessary.
- Prepare extension agreements and legal documents for refinancing of delinquent loans after receiving appropriate approval.
- Take appropriate action to repossess vehicles with authorization of Unit Supervisor, following proper notification procedures.
- Maintain records of all daily activities and reports to the Unit Supervisor.
- Process writs of attachments on members’ funds of deposit.
- Assist supervisor with completing DCC branch closing duties.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a collector at a financial institution is preferred.
- Understanding of preventative, productive and remedial financial counseling, required
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.