To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LyondellBasell • Houston, TX
Posted 1 day ago
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
The Communication Advisor is responsible for developing and administering communication strategies using best-in-class methods. Ideally, these strategies are measurable processes that will align, inspire, intrigue, educate and engage.
Although the position is within the Employee Communications practice group, the successful candidate will have the opportunity over time to support various teams within the Corporate Communications group. These teams may include Executive Communication, External & Community Relations, Brand Marketing, and Corporate Relations.
This position is located in Downtown Houston at our North American headquarters, and offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, transportation subsidy, and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Corporate Communications team in both content and visual storytelling for LyondellBasell through a broad array of communication assets.
- Act as a trusted partner for multiple clients, acting as the first line of contact for communications with assigned clients.
- Understand the vision of management and clients, show ability to build ideas and recognize potential issues with concepts prior to execution to construct and further compelling communications programs.
- Act as a project manager, executing campaigns and projects for assigned internal accounts with a degree of skill and professionalism.
- Develop compelling content for client and employee communications centric campaigns.
- Possess initiative to think several steps ahead in communications process and anticipate needs of clients and management.
- May present and sell ideas to business units and senior management.
- Display ability to understand and implement metrics systems and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to benchmark progress and success of communications initiatives.
- Display strong competencies to construct strategic plans inclusive of situational analysis, strategies, tactics, implementation timeline, budget and evaluation.
- Collaborate with in-house design team to execute creative concepts in alignment with overarching corporate messaging and brand standards.
- Attend group and client meetings as requested.
- Consult with Communication Managers on strategic direction of all communications, offer strategic insight and creative solutions to problems.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Marketing, Business, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience required; preferably in a corporate communications setting.
- Possess creative, strategic and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop strategic direction and work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Results-oriented attitude with the ability to complete tasks on-time, with a high level of quality.
- Experience at a global company.
- Prior agency experience.
- Experience writing in AP style.
- Experience in the petrochemical, oil and gas, or energy sector.
- Possess a solution-oriented approach to client service.
- Expert command of AP Style, while displaying strong and efficient writing competencies across digital and print platforms.
- Ability to pitch and present concepts semi-autonomously, with confidence to sell ideas effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to independently produce events, from conception to execution, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to function autonomously while checking in with management regarding agreed upon strategic direction, work progress and any unusual situations.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, thinking through all possible cause, effect and ramification situations and bring options to attention of management.
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Competency in video scripting and production skill-sets, ability to produce internal programs at the direction of manager.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston