Grant Thornton is seeking an Associate to join its Operations Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. For more information, visit grantthornton.com/publicsector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
- Work with the project team to develop, define, and elaborate features and user stories for future releases and sprints.
- Ensure that user stories meet the "definition of ready" (fully elaborated with acceptance criteria, etc.).
- Maintain an up-to-date backlog of features and user stories for future sprints.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops for visioning, surveys, business process descriptions, user story based product backlog development, use cases modeling and specification , scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Work with users to define concepts and clarify requirements under the direction of project managers.
- Contribute to project plans.
- Conduct detailed research in order to translate business requirements into precise, high quality user stories or functional specifications.
- Identify and validate key business requirements.
- Work closely with cross-functional agile project teams and help drive projects across the product design, development and testing.
- Define and document product Vision (in a Vision and Scope document or in alternative Vision descriptions favored by agile teams)
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to understand business strategies and future initiatives to determine future process and solution needs
- Analyze business needs to identify new processes or process improvements that will meet those needs.
- Define the business problem and primary objectives of new projects.
- Individual will be responsible for facilitating the client product owners to achieve the following objectives:
- Ensure common understanding of product/project charter
- Improve backlog management and release planning rigor
- Disaggregate well-written features into constituent user stories
- Provide release plans that offer realistic means of achieving commitments
- Secure development team commitments and accountability for release plans
- Provide means to track/report release plan execution performance and adjust, as needed
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- 3-10 years of professional experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with Agile
- Hands on experience with an Agile Lifecycle Management tool (e.g., Rally, Jira), required
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), heavily preferred
- One of the 3 positions would need some data analytics experience.
- Agile experience would be preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Public Sector at www.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Perform Statistical Analysis
Business Process Improvement
Provide Analytic Consultation