As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Financial is hiring an Internal Audit Manager to join its Internal Audit Department in Atlanta, Georgia or Windsor, Connecticut. The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for the organization, execution, planning and administration of internal audits within the Voya Corporate, Finance, Legacy Life and Annuities and Employee Benefits areas (LOB). The Internal Audit Manager will lead the evaluation of controls, review compliance with policies, procedures and regulations, and coordinate the reporting of results of internal audits to Voya Financial management.
- Support the Audit Director in achieving the LOB audit strategy.
- Support the Audit Director in scope and administration of a comprehensive internal audit plan for the LOB.
- Contribute to successful completion of the annual audit plan.
- Setting staff expectations, supervision, coaching, mentoring, and completing performance evaluations for assigned staff.
- With experience, demonstrates ability to lead multiple concurrent projects of increasing levels of complexity, develop customer relationships and effectively communicate with middle/senior management.
- Participates in the selection of staff and assumes responsibility for career development of assigned audit team members.
- Responsible for the development of risk assessment strategies, the identification of specific risks to the enterprise and the evaluation of audit evidence related to operational, financial and insurance risk, with a focus on Corporate areas, Finance, Life and Annuity and Employee Benefit products.
- Responsible for leading the execution of complex audit projects while demonstrating a thorough understanding of the audit process within a financial services environment.
- Lead assigned resources in planning, designing and executing both integrated and standalone audits and ensure that they are performed in compliance with established departmental protocols, audit methodology and auditing standards.
- Manage fieldwork of several audits simultaneously and ensure they are completed to a high level of quality, integrity and within agreed timelines.
- Evaluate corrective measures taken to address audit matters, follow up on the progress being made and prepare summary reports for LOB executive management.
- Monitor key business initiatives and provide risk assessment insight pertaining to control issues and risk activities.
- Coordinate with Internal Audit Operations to schedule resources.
- Build awareness of external leading practices and benchmarks to embed within the Internal Audit function.
- Enable a high degree of client satisfaction by developing strong working relationships with clients within the LOB.
- Proactively partner with the LOB to provide audit consultation for new business strategies.
- Coordinate and direct reporting of results of audits to management, and support Audit Committee reporting.
Knowledge & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in executing and supervising internal audit work including risk assessment, problem solving, and impactful reporting of results.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a major/minor or emphasis in Accounting, Finance and/or Business is required.
- CPA, CIA, MBA, CFA, FLMI and related industry certification highly preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience within the financial services industry. Relevant experience in a public accounting environment or a consulting environment will be strongly considered. Strong financial services business/operations experience will be considered.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, business processes, and IIA standards
- Must be well versed in the processes, systems and objectives of financial services companies in order to provide high quality risk assessments.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, including international.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about URL blocked - click to apply.