To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Office Administrative Manager
Michael Baker International • Alexandria, VA
Posted 21 days ago
We expedite and simplify the visa, passport and authentication process while delivering a premier customer experience for institutional business travelers. Velox knows institutional business travelers and the challenges they face. Securing a visa and passport is an arduous process, especially on short notice. A minor error on an application can result in rejection or delay, which can cost business travelers valuable time and money.
Renowned for our knowledge of ever-changing international laws and regulations associated with embassies and consulates around the world, Velox offers clients a full continuum of international travel resources. These include comprehensive contingency logistics and stability operations as well as security and global risk management.
Office Administrative Manager
The Office Manager will be based out of the company’s HQ, in Alexandria, VA, and will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive and Operations management professionals and staff.
Cover letter outlines your background, experience and expertise which highlights why you are qualified for this position
Daily Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as the initial point of contact for employee
- Demonstrate attention to detail and ability to solve problems
- Gather and understand requirements for immigration and maintain up to date knowledge of immigration rules and policies.
- Communicate and clarify immigration requirements, policies and rules to staff, clients and customers.
- Monitor and evaluate the daily work flow in the Submission Center and OCONUS Offices and delegate tasks accordingly
- Evaluate daily work in the Submission Center and OCONUS offices and implement needed improvements.
- Respond and address clients, customer and prospect emails and calls same day
- Strategically plan and manage the daily flow
- Coordinate, liaise and resolve concerns, issues or complaints
- Analyze data daily and produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports to management
- Assist as necessary with editing, printing and assembly of reports or marketing/proposal submittals.
- Create statistical reports, conduct research and prepare agenda for executive management & Ops group
- Collect and review daily, weekly and monthly reports from managers and liaisons and send to Executive management with highlighted proprieties.
- Collect, compile and analyzes complex information requests and determines complex trends
- Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment.
- Oversee trackers (CONUS and OCONUS) and ensure entry of data accurately and daily
- Update existing documents by using available data
- Oversee Submission Center and OCONUS offices daily emails and tasks and ensure that work is completed accurately daily
- Monitor all new updates and distribute to staff and clients accordingly
- Ensure all docs received by email or mail are scanned, renamed and saved in the secured system (EGNYTE)
- Maintain electronic folder and files for assigned projects.
- Provide outstanding customers service to clients, customers and staff.
- Answer and screen management telephone calls, and arrange conference calls.
- Coordinates management calendar schedule and make appointments/meetings and reserve appropriate facilities for meetings and events.
- Remind management of appointments, meetings, calls beforehand and ensure their time is managed appropriately
- Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations for management and other staff as assigned and needed
- Assist and/or coordinate and/or conduct new employee general company orientations, safety orientations and customer orientations and indoctrinations.
- Assist with training and mentoring of new Liaisons CONUS and OCONUS
- Submit new hire paperwork, employee changes, and/or employee termination paperwork to HR
- Train staff on timesheet/timecard and expense reports
- Follow up with embassies or customers regarding missing or pending documents, updating information, giving or obtaining status updates
- Assemble travel packets and ensure they appropriately prepared and ready to be submitted to embassies, ministries and government agencies
- Ensuring that general office, maintenance, and other office supplies are stocked
- Other duties as assigned and needed.
Candidate must be willing to work overtime and irregular hours. Must be available during weekend by phone and email when needed
- Sound judgement
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Microsoft Office Skills: Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Important Skills: telephone, presentation package and internet search
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Advanced written and verbal communication
- Interpersonal skills