Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment, and in fabricating metal parts and tools. Also supervises workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings.
Essential Skills, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs workers, or assists in diagnosing malfunctions in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Plans and directs maintenance personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing equipment or systems.
- Directs and coordinates assembly, fabrication and installation activities to ensure equipment and systems conform to engineering design and internal specifications and standards.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment. Evaluates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions or to improve safety, quality or equipment operating parameters.
- Researches and costs project proposals to determine feasibility, payback and equipment design.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces OSHA, USDA and company safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Conduct safety training and ensure compliance with all company policies, plant rules and regulations.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- High School diploma or GED, plus Trade School Certification, Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering preferred.
- Two years related experience and/or training in a manufacturing setting.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry.
- Hands on experience in electrical, electronic, plumbing, hydraulic, refrigeration, HVAC and pneumatic systems.
- Basic working knowledge of personal computers and MS Office Software.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and train employees within a team oriented environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible to work scheduled shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- A trained designee will be appointed by plant management to cover for absences or vacancies.
- Minimum travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: req11749
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
A leader in the baking industry, we are known for our category-leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. Our team of more than 27,000 U.S. associates operate bakeries across the United States to bring leading brands such as Arnold®, BallPark®, Bimbo®, Boboli®, Brownberry®, Entenmann's®, Francisco®, Freihofer's®, Marinela®, Oroweat®, Sara Lee®, Stroehmann®, Thomas'®, Mrs Baird’s ® and Tia Rosa® to customers and consumers in every city, town and village in America.
View the full profile
As bakers, every morning we rise to meet the opportunity to bake the freshest, highest-quality products, serve our customers and learn from one another. You can see our work, across America, every day. It is at breakfast tables, in children’s lunch boxes, and in kitchens at night, where families come together to share their evening. Our work is baked into life, every meal, every day.
It is because of our people that we have winning brands and exceptional products. We want you to bring your dedication and enthusiasm to work at Bimbo Bakeries USA!