To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
StaRN Instructor (Registered Nurse Educator)
HealthTrust Workforce Solutions • Tampa, FL
Posted 13 days ago
REQUIRES: Recent, hospital, bedside care experience (WITHIN RECENT TWO YEARS)**
ICU and ED (EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT)
50% travel required
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position develops, delivers and maintains existing systems training programs aimed primarily at hospital and infrastructure staff and will design, develop and deliver new systems training as required. This position develops and maintains AACN and ECCO training curricula standards and educates new nurses on the virtual platform. The primary delivery method consists of virtual training sessions combined with other technology-based solutions using a blended learning approach. This position is responsible for developing customer training programs focused on the implementation and use of clinical application system(s). It requires interaction with hospital staff as well as corporate development and support staff to ensure training programs focus on the needs of our customers. This position will also be responsible for teaching courses and keeping content updated and current. As a highly visible department representative, this person consistently demonstrates a strong service commitment by continually striving to meet and exceed customer expectations.
SUPERVISOR : Director of Educational Services
SUPERVISES : N/A
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
This position is responsible for developing customer-training programs focused on the implementation and use of AACN and ECCO curricula for new nurses in the HealthTrust Workforce Solutions Nurse Residence Program. It requires interaction with hospital staff, physicians, allied health professionals, Corporate Clinical Services, Testing, and Product Development, as well as other corporate development and support staff to ensure training programs focus on the needs of our customers.
This position will assist in the development of new and on-going modifications of all designated courses. The position will also be responsible for course instruction and content relevance.
This position will be responsible for working with Project Teams, Instructional Designer and Developers, Media Specialists, Subject Matter Experts and Business Owners in the development of course content, training materials agendas, lessons plans, and presentation material for all necessary courses ensuring course content meets learning and business objectives.
- Responsible for course instruction including both classroom and distance / e-learning
- Develops course content
- Consults with business owners to develop education strategies and delivery methods
- Collaborates with other instructors in development of new training methodologies, technologies, and approaches
- Hours vary according to training schedule and needs
- Self directed and motivated.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates superior ability to perform in a consulting setting and to interact effectively with Facility Administration, Division/Group Administration, and Facility personnel.
- Expert knowledge of microcomputer systems and common software packages available to support database and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must have clear speaking voice and good hearing, as position requires the use of a headset/microphone to deliver virtual classes.
- Serves on HealthTrust Workforce Management Solutions Disaster team and participates in all activities related to readiness, planning, and implementation.
- All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Communication – strong presentation skills, including clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Adaptability – ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks and/or work environment; adjusts effectively to rapidly changing work structures, processes, requirements and cultures.
- Energy – consistently maintains high levels of activity and productivity while sustaining long working hours when necessary; operates with vigor, effectiveness, flexibility, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Contribution to Team Success – actively participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of goals.
- Tactical Execution – demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to drive and obtain results.
- Functional Knowledge – general understanding and knowledge of hospital operations, adult learning principles and instructional design/development techniques including distance learning methodologies.
- Organization – proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages timelines and resources.
- Customer Orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- PC Skills – demonstrates strong proficiency in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience in using web-based development and authoring products such as learning management systems,
- Stress Tolerance – maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization.
- High School diploma
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum 3-5 years recent hospital, bed-side nursing experience in ICU and ED required
- Web-based development / delivery experiences preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Position requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds throughout the workday. Position requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing, verbal communication and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriately to perform job responsibilities. Requires ability to fly on airplanes, be properly licensed and able to rent and drive an automobile and work in diverse office settings. Work will be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.