To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tampa, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP of Ag Technology & Innovation
ExecuNet • Tampa, FL
Posted 1 month ago
The Vice President, Ag Technology and Innovation will serve as Mosaic’s senior leader responsible for monitoring the agriculture sector to identify industry trends and their potential impact on the Company’s strategy. Responsibilities will include developing relationships with academia, industry, private equity and others to identify technologies that can be commercialized by Mosaic. Builds the business case for the most promising investment opportunities; leading the team responsible for Mosaic’s product development activities; recommending digital commercial strategies to the SVP Mosaic Fertilizantes and the SVP Commercial; serving as a Mosaic representative to trade associations and board member on companies in which Mosaic invests; and leading a Mosaic-wide Center of Expertise in the Ag Technology and Innovation area.
What will you do
- Develop the investment thesis and make the business case for investments in their area of responsibility.
- Present their work at all levels of the organization, through the Board of Directors. Provide leadership and strategic direction to Mosaic’s new product development team.
- Has a keen sense of new product commercialization, including items that are outside of the current portfolio.
- Partner closely with the SVP Commercial and Business Unit SVPs.
- Build and lead temporary teams from internal and external resources to execute on the job requirements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and effectively influence without authority to drive business decisions and advance long-term strategic efforts.
- Partner with Senior Leadership to drive the strategic vision across the organization, especially in business growth through the lens of ag innovation.
- Contribute to the development of Mosaic’s long-range objectives and strategic plans by identifying internal and external strategic issues that could affect growth and profitability.
- Develop and maintain a broad set of contacts / relationships within the industry, academia, and private equity to identify industry trend and their potential impact on the sector.
- Work closely with Mosaic’s Commercial and Business Unit Leadership to define how Mosaic’s strategy should address these trends, with particular emphasis on acquisition targets, new product offerings, licensing opportunities, and digital technology.
- Represent Mosaic externally as a subject matter expert in the area of Ag innovation; routinely presenting at conferences and seminars.
- Externally seen as a thought leader in this space and an expert that can make a compelling case to others as to why Mosaic is the best home for their technology, intellectual property, or new products.
- Partners closely with the VP, Strategic Planning and Analysis, and VP, Growth and Development on Mosaic Private Equity Investments. Partners with the VP, Business Development on potential M&A opportunities.
- Miscellaneous projects and job duties as assigned.
What do you need for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Advanced degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Technology or related field preferred.
- 15+ years of related agriculture industry experience, preferably with proven track record demonstrating an ability to lead new product development, and commercialization of new ag technologies and innovations.
- Strong networking skills that lead to business outcomes.
- Experience analyzing investment opportunities and a track record of picking winning investment opportunities.
- Previous experience as a multi-functional project team leader with the proven ability to drive projects to closure.
- Previous experience in a global enterprise and with cross-border transactions.
- Excellent business acumen and financial analysis skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Project.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills, including the ability to effectively present concepts and proposals to senior leadership and board levels.
- Portuguese language skills preferred or ability to learn language quickly.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Proven strategic planning and project leadership capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence senior executives.
- Ability to effectively work and create strong and effective partnerships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to make decisions based on limited input and/or information.