To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10007
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Technology • New York, NY
Posted 14 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a PMO Director in New York, NY. The client is seeking a highly experienced, director-level resource to lead the establishment of a new Project Management Office.
- Lead the establishment of a new PMO, including mentoring staff in project management best practices, developing templates for project plans, budgets, and status reports, track the Department's portfolio of IT projects and efficiently manage resources
- Gain a strong understanding of the Department of Social Services current state of IT development efforts
- Ensure business and technical requirements for new platforms are achieved
- Administer and support a governance model that enables participation from a variety of stakeholder agencies
- Ensure that program activities and team members work toward and meet the overall goals and objectives of the program
- Plan and execute strategies and engagements that best position the Department of Social Services and partner agencies to deploy an easy to use, customer centric experience within a fast-paced milestone schedule
- Tightly manage assigned System Integrators, related vendors, and other assigned client resources to remain within the project's timeline commitments, budget and scope, while following relevant contracts, processes, and procedures
- Become familiar with and adhere to DoITT and Client-wide policies and standards, especially those related to cyber security, privacy, and project delivery
- Be an innovative and proactive leader who can steer a large team away from major risks and independently resolve critical issues with minimal escalation to executives
- Promote collaboration between stakeholders and the program team
- Clearly, consistently, and accurately report program progress to senior executives
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, or Engineering (or demonstrated equivalent experience)
- Master's degree preferred
- Deep program management experience (5+ years) utilizing agile, waterfall, and hybrid methodologies
- Demonstrated experience establishing a Program Management Office (PMO) involving management, reporting, and oversight of a portfolio of technology projects and initiatives
- Ability to effectively communicate the value proposition of a PMO to non-technical stakeholders
- Proven success overseeing on-time delivery of large, complex programs led by System Integrators and subcontractors
- Delivery of complex and secure CRM or similar COTS platform
- Delivery of custom application solutions through all phases of life-cycle development, including both customer facing and back office efforts
- Ability to prioritize activities associated with large technical program deployments
- Outstanding collaboration and team-building skills with both technical and non-technical members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills especially honed for executive level communications
- Excellent analytic, organization, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience integrating government and multiple lines of business services into a single system
- High familiarity with User Interface, Application, Data, and Data Integration architecture layers and components for both cloud-based and on-premise environments
- Integration of API and open platforms that promote civic engagement and innovation
- Management of projects focused equally on customer-centric functionality and usable user interfaces and robust backend infrastructure
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.