To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
37 West Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Credit Review Officer - Commercial / Energy Lending
Huntington National Bank • Columbus, OH
Posted 28 days ago
Location: This position may be located at any of our primary locations within Huntington's footprint (Clolumbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Detroit)
The Credit Review Officer leverages analytics and data to evaluate the performance of commercial credit assets and lending processes, perform detailed examinations of credit decision making, anticipate risk migration issues within the credit portfolios, and provide independent assurance to the Board of Directors that the risk/reward profile of credit assets is consistent with management objectives and risk appetite.
- Conduct examinations of multiple Commercial Credit Lines (including C&I, CRE, and specialty loans) and related credit life cycle support functions.
- Attend credit quality meetings with the business unit credit staff as well as problem loan meetings.
- Analyze macro-economic, industry, and market data impact on portfolio performance, identify early warnings and emerging risks.
- Assess models used to make credit decisions.
- Perform root cause analysis for both superior and under-performing products and/or processes.
- Interpret results, summarize findings, develop recommendations, and present to senior management.
- Routinely follow up on identified issues and update senior management and the Board of Directors with information regarding the identification, measurement and management of credit risk for assigned business units.
- Bachelor's degree required or 3-4 years of additional Bank or Financial Services Credit underwriting or analysis experience.
- 5 or more years of commercial underwriting and analysis.
- Prior work experience in one or more of the following business segments underwriting credit commitments is desired -Asset Base Lending (ABL), Energy-Oil & Gas, Healthcare.
- Completed formal credit training is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of rules based strategy decision engines preferred.
- Prior experience in credit risk management banking environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Retail Products, Capital Markets and/or Risk Analysis is a plus.
- Knowledge of traditional commercial credit products, variables that contribute to credit risk, and associated quality and performance metric indicators.
- Experience in extracting information from large datasets using various statistical analysis tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Results oriented/delivery focused; able to deliver high quality results under tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working independently in a dynamic and challenging environment.