To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5015 South 33rd Street
Omaha, NE 68107
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Technician - Military Veteran
Smithfield Foods • Omaha, NE
Posted 17 days ago
Join the growing community of 1700+ military veterans working at Smithfield Foods, working as a member of our Maintenance Team.
Maintenance technicians repair and troubleshoot food processing equipment to include: stuffers, vacuum pumps, mixers, grinders, packaging machinery, conveyors, hydraulic units, multivacs, and ovens. All of this equipment helps deliver Good Food, Responsibly to America’s dinner table. Maintenance team members at Smithfield do hard and physically demanding work that requires strong mechanic, electrial, and/or electronic aptitude - and Military veterans are a proven fit.
Smithfield Salutes, our Veterans Employee Resource Group, is working to make the transition from military to civilian life a seamless one for you and your family. We encourage military veterans to apply for any job at Smithfield Foods that matches your ability to fix, execute, problem solve, create, or lead. For more information visit: www.smithfieldfoods.com/veterans.Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Installs replacement belts, filters, gears, chains and valves.
- Rebuilds valves, pumps and gearboxes.
- Troubleshoots pneumatic, electric and hydraulic machine problems and makes necessary repairs.
- Performs repairs to machines involving machine guarding, bolt replacement and breakdowns due to mechanical wear.
- Welds machine components.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks such as lubricating parts, drives chains, etc.
- Handles installations, including hooking up air, water, gas and the alignment and leveling of equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of two (2) years of military service, active duty or reserve.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in the maintenance field; preferred.
- Ability to weld stainless steel and other related metals.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and troubleshooting, preferred.
- Prior experience reading schematics and hydraulic drawings, preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.