To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
- Austin Dispatcher 269
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MV Transportation • Austin, TX
Posted 10 days ago
MV Transportation is seeking Dispatchers who work to direct the day-to-day route operations and reports to the Operations Supervisor. This work is done in compliance with the procedures defined by the client and in conformance with company procedures. His/her duties involve daily communication and interaction with drivers and clients. He/she must also organize and conduct activities to assure safe, cost-effective, on-time operating performance. Tracks and reports sign-in/sign-out times, assures routes are timely, and communicates service issues to the Operations Supervisor
, Road Supervisors or other managers as appropriate.
- Takes client calls and communicates issues with drivers, Operations Supervisor, other Dispatchers or other managers as appropriate.
- Monitors radio, telephones and on-road provision of service for quality.
- Responsible for influencing positive employee morale and quality customer service.
- Monitors and completes driver sign-in and sign-out daily.
- May assign trips to drivers to assure adequate disbursement of trips between all assigned routes.
- Monitors daily system performance.
- Participates in analysis and review of operating performance.
- Notes closed and/or late starting of routes and communicates same to Operations Supervisor, Road Supervisors or other Dispatchers and/or Managers as appropriate.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- One (1) year previous Dispatcher experience preferred.
- Two (2) years of transportation experience is preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Trapeze and CAD/AVL software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain composure under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrate a high customer service commitment.
- Able to demonstrate professional phone manner.
- Knowledge of the service area is a plus.
- Must be available to work various shifts to include nights, weekends and holidays.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.