To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Colorado Springs, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MUE Engineer - AER0000SJ
Apex Systems • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted 7 days ago
Actively seeking and IT Engineer to join our team and support our recently awarded Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract in Colorado Springs.
***If interested please send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org***
IT Engineer to provide support for Linux, Windows and storage systems for Mission Unique Equipment (MUE) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract at Schriever AFB, CO. The MUE Engineer supports a wide variety of customers including MDA/BCX, MDNT, BNOSC, JFCC IMD and GMD. Required to devise technical solutions to complicated issues and projects, and support systems sustainment and growth planning. Coordinates with other IT support areas to maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Provides Tier 3/4 resolution for break-fix issues, hardware/software conflicts and support the install and configuration of Windows servers, Linux systems and storage platforms. Engineer supports the testing of system patches, the completion of customer request impact assessments, and the execution of IT project planning and design activities to determine future requirements of customer hardware and software. Ancillary duties include maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space and mentoring programs for junior technicians. Candidate must quickly adapt to new technologies, new situations, short deadlines, be able to work unsupervised and have a strong commitment to a team environment. Primary duty hours fall within the 0700-1800, Monday - Friday time period. Occasional off shift, extended hour, or local travel may be necessary to support specific customer requirements or exercise support.
- Candidate must have a HS diploma (or GED) with 8 years of general experience and/or an Associate's degree with 6 years general experience and/or a BS/BA with 4 years of general experience; must include 4 years directly related experience.
- Senior level Eng/Administration skills in MS Windows 7 and/or 10, MS Server 2012 and/or 2016. Some experience with Virtualization platforms, and/or storage appliances configuration.
- Sound understanding of Active Directory, Group Policies, Domain Name System (DNS), and Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience with testing and implementation of Security required patches.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare resulting info for use in design recommendations, executive summaries and customers /management briefings.
- Experience developing procedures for system and maintenance activities.
- CompTIA Security + certification.
- Ability to lift minimum of 35 lbs.
- Must be a US citizen.
- DoD Secret security clearance required upon hire but must be able to obtain and immediately submit for Top Secret upon selection.
Experience with one or more of the following a plus: GCCS, PDS-M, VMWare 5.5 (or later) administration, NetApp Storage Appliance administration, ClearCube Architecture, SMS/SCCM configuration, LINUX/UNIX familiarity, remote administration, use of the Remedy software action request system, DoD and DISA Information Assurance programs, experience giving scheduled/unscheduled briefings before management or customers, current DoD Top Secret clearance.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178