To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Embedded Software Engineer - Austin, TX
Hubbell Inc • Austin, TX
Posted 11 days ago
1812 Centre Creek Dr. Suite 240
Design, develop and support embedded systems for the lighting control industry
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design embedded systems using microcontrollers, sensors and analog/digital interface circuits
- Participate in New Product Development (NPD) teams to deliver new products per established parameters, including performance, budget, and schedule
- Develop hardware/software requirements based on product specifications
- Develop and execute verification test plans as required
- Establish and meet schedules for multiple potentially-concurrent projects
- Support new products through release to manufacturing
- Support existing products as necessary
- Support Technical Services, Customer Services, Marketing as necessary
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of embedded firmware programming experience
- Practical, hands-on knowledge of C programming for embedded systems including use of a variety of IDEs for development and debug
- Strong understanding of real-time systems, managing interrupts, threads, scheduling, semaphores, and state machines with and without an RTOS
- In-depth experience with embedded microprocessor-based design including interfacing to analog and digital devices
- Hands on knowledge of various standard wired and wireless network communication protocols and topologies, including Ethernet, I2C, RS232, RS485/422, SPI, BLE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, equivalent Engineering degree or commensurate experience
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.