To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jersey City, NJ 07302
- Levi Armstrong
- Phone: 7049044395
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Program Manager
SkillStorm Commercial Services LLC • Jersey City, NJ
Posted 27 days ago
SkillStorm is seeking a IT Program Manager for one of our clients in Jersey City, NJ.
**This position will require knowledge in an agile and scrum environment. This is important. It is more than a project manager role. It includes Infrastructure based architecture knowledge. Pure project manager will be to junior. Looking for more program manager type candidates**
Performs project management responsibilities relating to IT implementations, upgrades, conversion and recovery. May also provides analytical support for IT projects. Develops and revises project materials and maintains project documentation. Defines and evaluates problems and plans effective solutions. Recommends improvements in project deliverables. Assists in defining the scope and impact of projects and effectively communicates the impact on the organization. Establishes project tasks, timelines and budgets and effectively manages them. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience.
- Manage infrastructure projects
- Capture business and technical requirements
- Facilitate infrastructure build out
- Support application testing
- Support implementation/go live
- Facilitate decommission of old infrastructure
- Perform pre-project and ad hoc consulting based on infrastructure strategy/direction
- Identify and recommend process improvements
- 5+ years of experience managing projects or leading teams
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, and conceptual thinking
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work with Technical and Non-Technical business owners
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills; demonstrate initiative and be able to make quick decisions
- Willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi task and properly prioritize multiple projects
- A well-rounded background in IT Infrastructure and data paths.
- A good understanding of how technologies affect the data path and integration points from the end user through the application and network infrastructure, (i.e. load balancers, web servers, middleware, databases, mainframes, etc.).
- Strong soft skills, as they will be required to both lead meetings and facilitate discussions on topics.
- The ability to speak to both the technical and business units.
- Strong leadership skills along with being a self-starter.
- Good project management skills with an understanding of the project lifecycle and project management routines (resource engagement, WBS/project schedule, status reporting, project budget forecasting/variance analysis, meeting minutes, etc.).