To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodland Hills, CA
- Mackenzie Alsip
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Manager (Help desk)
TEKsystems, Inc • Woodland Hills, CA
Posted 9 days ago
The IT Manager will be responsible for the management of the U.S. Region IT Help Desk, and support of global network and systems. S/he will supervise a small team that provides technical support for up to 600 end users across 15 offices in the US and Canada. Ideal candidates will have strong hands on experience working in Microsoft Office, Windows, and Apple environments. As the IT Manager you will need to develop, lead, and motivate a team of representatives to deliver technical support with great customer service, satisfaction and timeliness. The IT Manager will work alongside the Help Desk staff while ensuring appropriate customer support service levels are met. In addition, the Manager will report on Help Desk performance to the Senior IT Manager, manage special projects and provide technology support to system users, including but not limited to troubleshooting network and server hardware, computers, software applications, telecommunication and network communication issues. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and have the discipline to communicate with a variety of cross company teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
* Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level IT support
* Monitors problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems
* Maintain and resolve issues with desktop/laptop computers, client software, peripherals, printers, local network, etc.
* Assist end users of applications software operating on Windows 7, Windows 10 and future versions of Microsoft Windows personal computers and laptops. Apple OS and devices are also supported
* Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
* Define documentation requirements for Standard Operating Procedures and ensure documentation is current and accurate.
* Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk are continually carried through and instill a customer service culture that over delivers
* Assess existing network servers, operating systems and security programs
* Assist researching and the application of appropriate patches, hot fixes and service packs to ensure infrastructure remains operational with no impact to business operations.
* Assist supporting network systems in a vendor-managed WAN environment. Working, hands-on experience with firewalls, switches and VLANs
* Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
* Performs duties in a cost-effective manner to avoid waste of resources without jeopardizing quality of care and service.
* Additional duties as assigned
* 5+ years of related technical and managerial experience in a Help Desk environment supporting Desktop, Wide Area Network, and Local Area Network equipment
* Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Microsoft network services (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Domain Services)
* Strong background in MS Windows server and workstation operating systems
* Some experience supporting network-based applications and services such as Remote Desktop Services
* Understanding of VOIP/converged communications technologies
* Understanding of security technologies (Firewall, VPN, Spam filter, web filter, etc.)
* Proven experience planning, directing, reporting and administering IT department needs / deliverables
* Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
* Effective communication, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills
* Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software
* Must be able to regularly lift up to 15 pounds, with occasional lifts of 25 pounds
* ITIL Certification
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
Knowledge of the following but not limited to:
Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Microsoft RemoteApp/Terminal Services, Microsoft Windows 7/10, Mac OSX, Microsoft Office 2013/O365, Understanding of DNS/DHCP, Office 365 admin support, Active Directory, troubleshooting skills, ITIL processes, Basic networking skills for switching, routing and wireless, Oracle Financial Systems, Virus/Malware remediation, SMB shares and security, SharePoint, VOIP and hardware break/fix.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.