To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1200 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Strategic Sourcing Consultant
Alliance of Professionals & Consultants, Inc. • Kansas City, MO
Posted 8 days ago
Are you skilled Strategic Sourcing Consultant? If so, let’s talk!
Our client is seeking Strategic Sourcing Consultant to join their team in Kansas City, MO. This is a 6-month contract opportunity.
The Strategic Sourcing Consultant is responsible for sourcing and contracting for the company’s moderate to complex products and services, typically in support of designated customer groups or categories of spend in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Source/Direct negotiate “one-time” materials and services needs in a manner that supports business partner requirements and a long-term category strategy.
- Participate in cross-functional teams under the direction of the Strategic Sourcing Manager to source/negotiate and contract for products and services
- Develop RFPs consistent with needs of the business, using knowledge, analysis and strategies.
- Serve as the single point of contact (customers and suppliers) during RFP process leading pre-bid meetings, responding to supplier inquiries, etc.
- Update stakeholders of project plans and status.
- Identify potential suppliers (including diverse suppliers), evaluating qualifications and internal support for inclusion.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing evaluation criteria.
- Develop and execute negotiation strategy in collaboration with the strategic sourcing team
- Prepare commercial evaluation of proposals, analyzing pricing proposals, or working with analysts on evaluation of proposals involving high data volumes.
- Recommend award strategy.
- Develop contract documents consistent with Company policies and procedures which reflect negotiated agreement, reduce business and legal risk and capture desired long-term outcomes.
- Review contracts with stakeholders to explain and manage specific risks and assure agreement with proposed terms and conditions.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for assessing issues relating to completed contracts, analyzing requirements and options for resolution or referring as appropriate to the Strategic Sourcing Manager, Large Capital Project Sourcing Manager, Legal, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Legal or other business-related field is required
- Minimum 5 years of progressively increasing responsibility in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering or Business Operations.
- Must have experience using procurement related software - PeopleSoft Preferred.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Contracts - Must have prior experience gathering data for RFP and executing contracts.
- Adaptable to change and learning new tasks quickly.
- Strong knowledge of the role of sourcing and contracting in meeting company goals, and how Supply Chain creates value for the enterprise with a good understanding of defined strategies.
- Skilled in risk assessment, procurement contracting provisions and contracting processes and how to leverage optimal outcomes with long-term best value results
- Negotiator with demonstrated ability to develop and execute/lead negotiations that generate economic value and reduce business and legal risk
- A Master’s degree or advanced certification (e.g., CPM, CPSM, CPSC, PMP) is preferred
- Experience in energy, utilities, manufacturing or construction industry would be preferred
Job Requisition # 29237
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. We offer excellent benefits and the opportunity for longevity, working with our premier fortune 100 clients. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
APC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status.